There's no embarrassment in crashing, if you caught it on video and can share it.

adamd

skunkworx hobbies
Lets just say she was definitely a donner
IMG_20140422_211024.jpg

Last edited:

rcspaceflight

creator of virtual planes
Horrible video, but I was "maidening" this plane and testing camera placement. I've actually flown the plane before, but not with that motor (or prop setup).

Apparently I didn't have the stick mount tight enough on the motor because the motor fell off. Oops. But no damage, so who cares? Other than the doggie poo the plane landed in. :eek:

I really thought the video would have turned out better.

Gryf

I decided to start my RC hobby with the FT Old Fogey, and I like it so much it's still my go-to airplane. So after watching umpteen different FPV videos, I started figuring how I could do that myself using things I already had on hand. Later on I'll do it right, but for now, it's fun (and cheap) to improvise.

I cut a slot across the top of my wing, right at the CG; essentially at the peak of the Fogey wing; just big enough to accept my iPod Touch, which takes rather decent video. Turns out the Fogey doesn't have enough muscle to haul an iPod into the blue. It just wallowed through the air, and didn't want to climb, but I got a few short clips, seen below.

As posted elsewhere, the next chapter occurred the following day, when I sent the Fogey up again, but without the iPod. The wing folded up at the slot, and down we came... but that's been covered in another thread. ;-)

Gryf

Last edited:

Foam Addict

Squirrel member
Since I'm leaving for college, I figured I'd post photos of my worst crashes and mistakes over the past year, enjoy:

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

RAM

Posted a thousand or more times
That 2nd to last photo looks like a lawnmower got it :). What did you hit?

Foam Addict

Squirrel member
A barbed wire fence, inverted, at around 80... Yeah.
EDIT: Oh, the Sensei, sorry.
I had a lockout in a vertical full throttle dive from approximately 2000'. 4s 4400, 3536-11, 11x8 prop. I ripped the DSM2 module out of my radio and nearly stomped on it. It was that bad.

Last edited:

rcspaceflight

creator of virtual planes
Not a very interesting crash, but I thought I would share. What mostly sucked about it is where I landed. Right between the shed and a blackberry bush. The only damage to the plane was from yanking it out even though it was stuck on the bush. I ended up crashing because my ailerons weren't working right. It was windy out, but that wasn't the issue. I decided to bring it down because I was using full ailerons and could barely get it to do anything.