third person view

tim28rc

You guys should try flying multiple different aircraft with pilots FPV systems on another persons aircraft. For example the first person would fly while view his aircraft from the aircraft behind him while the other pilot following would fly by looking back on his plane from the first plane. You could even try lining up more than 2 aircraft and seeing if you could follow the leader by looking at your plane from the perspective of the plane behind you. I don't know if this is actually possible but it would be really cool challenge to see.

Thx

AkimboGlueGuns

Biplane Guy
Mentor
Wouldn't David's Viggen technically be 3rd person? I doubt he flew the plane with that camera system on it, but with the way he had the camera swivel, I think it could be considered third persom.

tim28rc

Wouldn't David's Viggen technically be 3rd person? I doubt he flew the plane with that camera system on it, but with the way he had the camera swivel, I think it could be considered third persom.

True, that would be third person but the way I envisioned the 3pv was more of a game or challenge. Technically flying LOS is also third person point of view but the challenge is to fly from the view of another aircraft.

tim28rc

How about third person view sports?

https://i.imgur.com/spxAiUV.gifv

wow thats a lot of fatshark goggles!

In some of the recent episodes they show a top down view which I'm pretty sure is taken with the Inspire 1. I wonder if they could do the same sort of thing by flying the planes looking at them from the top down view? Or it would be cool if they mounted like 3 - 4 gimbals onto the heli carrier with seperate head tracking for each pilot. Then they'd have an entire floating rc airport where the pilots have the view from the heli carrier.

JDizzle93

New way of flying FPV

Instead of having someone else fly a chase plane, why not make a towed array for your plane to put your own camera in. I was thinking tow a small glider behind your plane and put the camera and FPV gear in the glider, having the camera face forward towards the plane

defhermit

JDizzle beat me to it. I was just thinking the other day about how cool it would be to tow a glider behind you that just held a light fpv camera. Maybe the transmitter for the camera could be wired into the main plane and the wire itself do the towing of the glider? Probably not a great idea but you would want as little weight on the glider as possible, obviously....

There are obvious problems to overcome but it would be so sweet to fly 3PV!

Leadfeather

JDizzle beat me to it. I was just thinking the other day about how cool it would be to tow a glider behind you that just held a light fpv camera. Maybe the transmitter for the camera could be wired into the main plane and the wire itself do the towing of the glider? Probably not a great idea but you would want as little weight on the glider as possible, obviously....

There are obvious problems to overcome but it would be so sweet to fly 3PV!

Check out this video of a stabilized towed camera glider with a keychain camera on the caboose. Should work well for an fpv camera too.

Love the Flite Test vids. This might be another tool for some more cool clips.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NE-aCtmFXuo

tclemmo

You could also do a similar thing, however both pilots operate through one camera: one of the pilots flies his plane FPV, and tries to keep behind the plane in front of him. The second pilot is also connected to the same camera, and tries to fly his plane which is in front.