FPVAirCombat

F-14 Tomcat on my tail!

FF78A6DD-1241-4685-816C-07C1AEC0A563.jpeg
DEBFFDBD-7FE7-4372-B0AD-BB88D4B7C4A1.jpeg
AFD1D904-FA1E-4AAC-A009-40B27D56373F.jpeg

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
How close for how long?

How ever close and long the pilots are comfortable with. I dont expect anyone to risk their gear just so I can see if they can do something. Obviously closer and longer is more cooler but that goes without saying. I know Rc planes are not as stable as computer controlled multi million dollar aircraft. But I got faith in these guys. They communicate well with each other and that F14 looks rock steady in the videos so far.

FPVAirCombat

Psyborg,
We attempted it, not easy... I think you have seen glimpse of it In the videos. My wingman isn’t quite there yet skillwise in inverted flight in F-14. Technically, we can easily do it if F-14 pilot just focus on flying inverted steady, and I focus on flying formation upright. You can see we almost got it in following video with a different plane. That was with no practice in one flight...

But that would be inconsistent with the spirit of the shot and Maverick would not approve, haha!

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Psyborg,
We attempted it, not easy... I think you have seen glimpse of it In the videos. My wingman isn’t quite there yet skillwise in inverted flight in F-14. Technically, we can easily do it if F-14 pilot just focus on flying inverted steady, and I focus on flying formation upright. You can see we almost got it in following video with a different plane. That was with no practice in one flight...

But that would be inconsistent with the spirit of the shot and Maverick would not approve, haha!

I was pokin fun at you because you guys have gotten really good at the chase stuff. Ill give you a mission accomplished for that video. You guys were right there. No doubt with more practice you will easily do it scale like the movie minus the middle finger and polaroid of course. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:Once again I am impressed.