This is a big step for me

earthsciteach

I am throwing stuff away. This isn't something I do easily, but I've finally reached the point where I acknowledge that I don't need to save every scrap of balsa and foam. I don't need to keep my Simple Soarer, Tiny Trainer, and every scratch built plane I've ever made. I have more stuff than I have room. I feel like I've made a break through. I think I am on the path to wellness.
Trash.jpg

Ketchup

4s mini mustang
I am throwing stuff away. This isn't something I do easily, but I've finally reached the point where I acknowledge that I don't need to save every scrap of balsa and foam. I don't need to keep my Simple Soarer, Tiny Trainer, and every scratch built plane I've ever made. I have more stuff than I have room. I feel like I've made a break through. I think I am on the path to wellness. View attachment 204699
I bet the building area is so much cleaner after that. Congrats on taking the step that so many of us still struggle with.

Pieliker96

Elite member
I am throwing stuff away. This isn't something I do easily, but I've finally reached the point where I acknowledge that I don't need to save every scrap of balsa and foam. I don't need to keep my Simple Soarer, Tiny Trainer, and every scratch built plane I've ever made. I have more stuff than I have room. I feel like I've made a break through. I think I am on the path to wellness. View attachment 204699
If you've got any sentimental attachment to an airframe you can keep small bits of it. I have various parts from planes I've eventually scrapped displayed on the wall above my bed - battery hatches, rudders, wingtips, parts with decals or emblems, etc.

LitterBug

Techno Nut
I wouldn't mind having a second Stratosurfer.... The one in the picture is awefully close to the trash bin.....

LB

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
just sell it to enthusiasts nearby. earn some money and make someone happy.

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
Nothing I'm throwing away is worth anything. Mostly scraps and scratch built/foam kit planes that are no longer air worthy. I've stripped them of all the electronics and such.
then give them for free to your club members. just the airframe of the skysurfer can be even worth like 20 bucks. a fund raiser for your local club.