This is a total addiction!

Headbang

Master member
I have been flying off and on since the 80's. Build all sorts of planes from all sorts of materials. Lately the price has been sky rocketing. With some large gassers approaching the $10k mark.

Then 3 months ago a friend sent me a link to a kraken. 8hrs later watching videos and reading articles I was vibrating. Next day I went to the lhs and picked up a seaduck speed build kit, twin C power pack, and a reciever. 4 days later I had a new seaduck all painted up and ready for maiden. Maiden went great! A week later my x-29 was done. A week after that a mig-3. Man was I hooked! Then.... I saw the mpcnc with a needle cutter! OMG

Needless to say, I built one, and have been building and cutting like a mad man!

Thank you everyone for reminding me how much fun this hobby can be!

Lane you rock!

Photo001

Headbang (Ryan),

Glad that you enjoy the addiction. I've learned a lot from you at the field and am hoping that I am able to absorb more of your knowledge.

Photo (Lane).

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
They hooked you back in your childhood with crack in cartoon form to set you up for all this as an adult.

Unless you watched Barney, Teletubbies or any of them qubo network touchy feelie cartoons in which case you were steered to using real crack and possibly pshchodelics to make them go away.

Headbang

Master member
Hey Ryan, I thought I recognized that Sea Duck :)

Welcome to the funhouse
It is a good place to be!
I had planned on maidening my new FT Explorer today, but the snow/rain got the best of me. Might have the LongEZ ready by the time the weather gets better. Hope to see you out this winter!

20181206_195300.jpg 20181202_214803.jpg 20181209_145000.jpg

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
It is a good place to be!
I had planned on maidening my new FT Explorer today, but the snow/rain got the best of me. Might have the LongEZ ready by the time the weather gets better. Hope to see you out this winter!

I'm definitely going to try some FPV from the car, but my fingers don't work very well in the cold, they just lose all precision. Might get one of those Tx mittens, Andy seems to like his. You should stick some FPV in that Explorer, assuming of course you're looking for another addiction ;)

Headbang

Master member
I'm definitely going to try some FPV from the car, but my fingers don't work very well in the cold, they just lose all precision. Might get one of those Tx mittens, Andy seems to like his. You should stick some FPV in that Explorer, assuming of course you're looking for another addiction ;)
I've already been talking to Andy a bit about FPV. You know FPV is going to happen! Tired of just spotting lol. Need a Prusa i3 mk3 first tho!

hmmmm wonder what a blender looks like in FPV......

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
I've already been talking to Andy a bit about FPV. You know FPV is going to happen! Tired of just spotting lol. Need a Prusa i3 mk3 first tho!

You'll love the Prusa, I have a mk2S, it's amazing. I'm actually kinda surprised you didn't get into FPV a long time ago...

Headbang

Master member
You'll love the Prusa, I have a mk2S, it's amazing. I'm actually kinda surprised you didn't get into FPV a long time ago...
I do some FPV with the big drones, but that is all work. Issue is, so much to do and learn. I have to pick my battles! This summer was all about teaching and helping others while I was learning big gassers and 3D, no time for FPV :(

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
3D printing is another deep dive... FPV is easy :) I pretty much ignored LOS this last summer. it's easy, and probably beneficial to fixate/concentrate on one thing at the expense of others. You've obvoiusly spent a lot of time on LOS and it shows, I'd almost hate to see you get addicted to FPV lol.