This is the NEW.

adergotardo

spit.JPG

Broke the wing on landing, but the fixing is now in progress.

Last edited by a moderator:

adergotardo

My english will be always wrong, since I'm not a english speaker… So sorry, but I'll count with your kindness to treat me with respect. If this forum is open to worldwide aeromodels lovers, it's possible to find people like me whom don't write quite right…

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
My english will be always wrong, since I'm not a english speaker… So sorry, but I'll count with your kindness to treat me with respect. If this forum is open to worldwide aeromodels lovers, it's possible to find people like me whom don't write quite right…
Everyone is welcome here and your English is better than my... any other language! So no worries!

earthsciteach

Agreed! One of the things I enjoy most about this forum is that the membership is comprised of people from around the world. Don't worry about your English. I can't speak a bit of Portuguese, so you have me beat!

adergotardo

Thanks everyone. Let's move on… Really, really love warbirds like Spitfire and Corsair. I want to make a swappable Corsair using Spitfire project as background. Looking to the Corsair they may be diferente, but I think it's possible do some adjustments in swappable plant to do some "Corsfire" or "Spitair" plane… I'll first build the "w" Corsair's wings and put on Spitfire fuselage… May I go on?

adergotardo

Sounds good. The Corsair fuse would be hard to build with "swappable" techniques because of its curved lines.

Well, I think its possible made the Corsair fuse in swappable, but first I'll test the wings, because its designs are unique and can be hard to make it fly in a model…

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
Yes, those gull wings are tough to build right and even harder to fly if done wrong...

adergotardo

Have another issue to discuss. I saw a video in Youtube that the guy put two "screw ring" in both left arms of the motor fixetion… Its to correct the centripetal force, what forces the plane to the left, and make it fly more straight. Another guy told me that if I put just one "screw ring" (I really don't know how you named this in English) in upper left fixation will be ok. Tested and don't know if it's work… Do any of you try that before?

This video (in portuguese) as reference:

earthsciteach

"Screw rings" are called washers in English. It is common to mount motors so that they point slightly down and to the right. This is called "thrust angle." Mounting the motor so that it points slightly downward helps prevent the plane from climbing when under full or near full throttle. Angling it to the right helps to counter prop torque. I normally do this on my scratch built airplanes.