This is why I want to get into FPV...

bicyclemonkey

Flying Derp
Mentor
Let's use this as a thread to show off the places you fly FPV or of your town etc.

This is the town I live in. This is actually only a few streets over from my house. This was actually taken from atop a building but you get the idea.

Photo taken last week in Fayetteville, AR.

fayettevillefall.jpg

Last edited:

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Worth it a thousand times! My place is not worth FPV.

My town is Boooriiing...

IMG_4108.jpg

Though there are nice places too:

One and a half hours drive

IMG_9293.jpg

Three hours drive

IMG_0473.jpg

Ten hours bus ride

IMG_0521.jpg

earthsciteach

Andre, your country looks amazingly beautiful to me! And, I bet seeing your town from the air, first hand would give you a whole new perspective. Most small towns in America are pretty boring, too. At least, from the perspective of a teenager. :)

ananas1301

Crazy flyer/crasher :D
I want to get into FPV because of firstly making awesome videos/getting footage for some proper videos on youtube.

And for the other obvious reasons... of course ...

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Andre, your country looks amazingly beautiful to me! And, I bet seeing your town from the air, first hand would give you a whole new perspective. Most small towns in America are pretty boring, too. At least, from the perspective of a teenager. :)

Well, these are possible objections:

1st pic: No appropiate place to take off and land, and flight relies heavily on FPV gear. Unsafe (robbers, mean kids)

2nd pic: Very nice place to fly, not that dangerous, but no public transport goes that far into the country. (Well it does, but the Bixler can't handle that ride.) I'll need a driver to get me there. It's otherwise one of the nicest places I've got.

3rd pic: Beach? Extremely gusty! And below is the sea. Drop your plane there, no one will get it for you.

4th pic: MAN it's 10 hours away! Though I'm going to visit there 21st - 27th November.

Well, most cases I'll just have to risk my plane. There is also one place far out in the country where I can fly, 3 hours away, quiet, beautiful, and it's the first place I'll go for a real FPV shot.

Piotrsko

Master member
Beach, plus windy day with hills means slope lift aka fly all day on a single charge. Don't take much hill and unless you totally fubar, won't go into water. Ymmv