This much weight on the hub??

glennford83

Hey guys.

Has anyone else had to put this much on the hub?

Its been a while since ive balanced props since most i fly now are 4" but im building a F330 dji frame quad with 9" props, and the last for me to do is balance these and just a bit concerned how much weight they are out by and how much hot glue ive had to apply.

The props have 400+ reviews so i am unlucky or do ppl just not balance hubs, or am i doing something wrong?

20180711_141412.jpg

Attachments

• 20180711_141332.jpg
    20180711_141332.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Liam B

Most people tend to not balance their propellers these days. I for one never have, as I’ve been too lazy to ever balance them. But, it really does help to have balanced props on a quad that size, almost an essential. My 500 sizes quad would not fly at all without well balanced props.

As for the glue, I think from what I’ve seen, people use other heavier glues on the tips of the props, or they sand parts of the prop down. Flite Test has a really good video on balancing them.

glennford83

Most people tend to not balance their propellers these days. I for one never have, as I’ve been too lazy to ever balance them. But, it really does help to have balanced props on a quad that size, almost an essential. My 500 sizes quad would not fly at all without well balanced props.

As for the glue, I think from what I’ve seen, people use other heavier glues on the tips of the props, or they sand parts of the prop down. Flite Test has a really good video on balancing them.

yeah i watched that video, in fact it made me feel a little better when i saw how much he used, ive sanded to get the props to balance but it still would drop like a stone on one side of the hub to the left or the right, but yeah if i use glue on either tip of the lighter side, may be a better solution than it all gunked up on the hub

thanks for replying

Liam B

yeah i watched that video, in fact it made me feel a little better when i saw how much he used, ive sanded to get the props to balance but it still would drop like a stone on one side of the hub to the left or the right, but yeah if i use glue on either tip of the lighter side, may be a better solution than it all gunked up on the hub

thanks for replying

Of course! Good on you for taking time to balance props, too! I’m much too lazy!

Chuppster

I have that prop balancer and it itself isn't balanced, so I only balance the blades because bothering with the hub sounds pointless.

glennford83

I have that prop balancer and it itself isn't balanced, so I only balance the blades because bothering with the hub sounds pointless.

yeah i knew it wasnt so ive sanded down the screws so its a little better, but even when i half turn them so the weight of the 2 thumb screws are opposite (if it still is out of balance) it still drops to the same side of the hub, but yeah i think ill do my best and not be as concerned with the hub.

nhk750

Aviation Enthusiast
I have glopped on the glue to the hub before, it's surprising how off some props are and how much it takes to balance, but it's worth it for smooth flying machine!