Three Dimensional Flying with a Two Dimensional Plane!

Headbang

Master member
I took 3 versions out and flew them today. Looks like at least short term the 5g servos work. I had an issue with an esc, the 1amp bec on it was not sufficiant for 9g servos. Swapped it with the 20amp esc from the f pack and all was good. All that is left is to test the A pack. If it works I will design a power pod for it.

Apple Pie

Elite member
Ok cool, I was thinking is must be something like that. I'll try cutting this out tomorrow if I can sneak a few minutes in the shop otherwise it will be a few days from now. Thanks again!

Headbang

Master member
Ok cool, I was thinking is must be something like that. I'll try cutting this out tomorrow if I can sneak a few minutes in the shop otherwise it will be a few days from now. Thanks again!
Only changes I foresee on the final is the rudder control will be on the left side, the elevator control will be on the right, there will be a small relief on the left side for travel of the rudder control horn. I want to test the A pack before final release.

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
Only changes I foresee on the final is the rudder control will be on the left side, the elevator control will be on the right, there will be a small relief on the left side for travel of the rudder control horn. I want to test the A pack before final release.
You're on top of it Headbang! You've got a lot of people really looking forward to the final plans. I'm certainly one of them! :)

Headbang

Master member
Plans updated. For things to work on an A pack I have to design a power pod for the mini firewall.
Did the final bit of work on the 3d printed power pod, just have to print and test to be sure the thrust angles are right. I will have a 3d printed powerpod for both the 2205 and 1806 (A and F pack). These look way better and are designed light.

Flying Monkey fab

Elite member
Plans updated. For things to work on an A pack I have to design a power pod for the mini firewall.
Did the final bit of work on the 3d printed power pod, just have to print and test to be sure the thrust angles are right. I will have a 3d printed powerpod for both the 2205 and 1806 (A and F pack). These look way better and are designed light.
Note to self,, order F pack motor and ECS and props tonight.
I'm totally looking forward to building this to the point where it might put other projects on back burner.

Headbang

Master member
During this project I was a little shocked at how many 2205's I had laying around. I built 3 planes and still have 1 more sitting on the table. Seems I have a bunch of 30amp luminiar 1a bec esc's, but they have been giving me issues and browning out on the bec end. The 20amp esc in the f pack is perfect. Had go buy 3 more recievers for this project :(

AIRFORGE

Make It Fly!
Did you link the updated plans, or update the original pdf's in post 151?

Headbang

Master member
Did you link the updated plans, or update the original pdf's in post 151?
Nope. Holding off till I design the power pod and run a couple test flights. Also want to do 1 more build to be sure things are good. Then will do an official release. Debating on reducing or taking the down thrust put all together on the full size power pod as well.

Apple Pie

Elite member
Good news is it only takes about an hour to build. Not sure how long it takes to cut out. Takes my needle cutter about 40mins for the 2 sheets lol
I took your plans and created a dxf where I can get two full planes from three sheets. Cut out each one in about 15 min with the needle cutter, so two planes in 45 minutes. Everything cut out beautifully as far as I can tell. Unfortunately real work calls so I wont be able to work on these for a week or so. Can't wait to assemble and get them up in the air! My plan is to try out a 2205 2300kv on one and a 2212 2200kv on the other (because I have a bunch of cheap ones lying around). Maybe a 6x4.5 or a 7x5 or an 8x5 on that one...

AIRFORGE

Make It Fly!
Cool. Thank you, brother!

Nope. Holding off till I design the power pod and run a couple test flights. Also want to do 1 more build to be sure things are good. Then will do an official release. Debating on reducing or taking the down thrust put all together on the full size power pod as well.

OliverW

Legendary member
Just ordered this..
g202_1.jpg

Headbang

Master member
Why? Do don't have to fly all the trial versions at the same time. Why not just use the same receiver?
I wanted to have 3 all built and ready to go. My original 2 ar6600t's I was using had to head to a viggen and a seaduck. Not big on swapping gear, like to have things ready to go. Really not a big deal tho, that was like $90 in a $700 parts run. Was out of a lot of staples, needed batteries ranging from 800mah 3s up to 5000mah 6s, lots of balsa and basswood and ply as well.