Three Dimensional Flying with a Two Dimensional Plane!

Headbang

Master member
Okay this kind of weirds me out. You have mad skills. Just order a switch and slap it in.
Lol it is just one of those things. It does not directly effect anything, so it is never a priority. It is on a dx9 black, and is the top back right switch. I only ever put functional switches on the left side. Those who know me well can tell you how much I always have on my plate, this is just in the bottom 200 things on the list.

Headbang

Master member
Well she flew!! Roll Rates were WAY too high, but still manageable.
I did encounter a problem though. I decided to stress test the fuse a bit because I wasn't super confident in it. So I just banged the sticks around for a flight and when I landed I noticed there was some stress creases in the fuse, the fuse isn't reinforced, and I'm sure adding a CF spar would fix the issue but I don't have any more. I'm going to fix this and make the plane a bit more durable by doing a bit of a re-design and turn the fuse into an X style, this will also make placing electronics a LOT easier.
Did you ever get further with this? Would love to build your design, and the idea benefits from variety of designs for others to try! My design may not be the best or everyone's cup of tea.

Wildthing

Legendary member
I spent a couple hours tonight trying to get @Headbang's plans to print. I tried b/w, I tried full color. I tried everything I could think of. Nothing would print that wasn't a solid black line. Anybody have any ideas?
Just printed them off using "poster" and in color and no problem.

I think with some files you can't directly print from the thread/website because the initial file the computer opens up may not be in Adobe so then it won't print right. I saved the files to the computer then open up with Adobe and print.

mayan

Legendary member
You sir, are ABSOLUTELY CORRECT! Thanks for the kick in the pants. :)
Any time buddy :).

I think with some files you can't directly print from the thread/website because the initial file the computer opens up may not be in Adobe so then it won't print right. I saved the files to the computer then open up with Adobe and print.
+1

Headbang

Master member
I spent a couple hours tonight trying to get @Headbang's plans to print. I tried b/w, I tried full color. I tried everything I could think of. Nothing would print that wasn't a solid black line. Anybody have any ideas?
They should print on any platform. Key is you must have Adobe acrobat reader and open the files in it. As said save to computer then open in acrobat.

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
Did you ever get further with this? Would love to build your design, and the idea benefits from variety of designs for others to try! My design may not be the best or everyone's cup of tea.
Yeah! @Grifflyer, what the heck happened, man? Where did you go?
I saw that @Headbang seemed to have a really solid design going, and I really want to try and get better at designing the master series stuff so right now I'm working on a mighty mini Spitfire and mighty mini P-39 using the master series techniques. Knowing me, I'll probably end up coming back to the 3D sooner or later, normally unless a project really bores me I'll always end up finishing it...

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I saw that @Headbang seemed to have a really solid design going, and I really want to try and get better at designing the master series stuff so right now I'm working on a mighty mini Spitfire and mighty mini P-39 using the master series techniques. Knowing me, I'll probably end up coming back to the 3D sooner or later, normally unless a project really bores me I'll always end up finishing it...
Do you have threads going for the master minis?

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
Do you have threads going for the master minis?
No threads yet, I have been posting my progress with the P-39 in the thread for my older P-39, I'm going to start a new thread for the P-39 once I get the latest prototype flying, and I'll make a thread for the spit when I finish designing it.

This was my first attempt at master series stuff, it looks good on the outside but the inner structure was a pain to put together, that has since been fixed on the latest prototype.
237599_79ba0736866217aedc08c43b384db508.jpg

buzzbomb

I know nothing!

Yep, that's what I did. I'll keep messing with it.

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
I played hookey, today. I didn't even try to print the plans. I rented "Creature From the Black Lagoon." I got so much enjoyment from that movie, in so many ways. No regrets. Back to plane building, tomorrow. I really could write a world wall of all the cool moments in that old movie.

Time enough to build planes, tomorrow. :)

mayan

Legendary member
I played hookey, today. I didn't even try to print the plans. I rented "Creature From the Black Lagoon." I got so much enjoyment from that movie, in so many ways. No regrets. Back to plane building, tomorrow. I really could write a world wall of all the cool moments in that old movie.

Time enough to build planes, tomorrow. :)
What? I think your stalling. I built my third one already and it came home in one piece twice and no I wasn’t just circuiting the field at leveled flight, I was knife edging it :). I know words don’t mean jack without video so I promise videos will follow soon.

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
What? I think your stalling. I built my third one already and it came home in one piece twice and no I wasn’t just circuiting the field at leveled flight, I was knife edging it :). I know words don’t mean jack without video so I promise videos will follow soon.
Nah, not stalling. Just needed a break. I still haven't figured out why I can't print the plans. I'm thinking about importing them into InkScape and then exporting back to pdf and then trying to print from Adobe again.

I'll figure it out. Meantime, I took a break from plane building and watched a classic monster movie that's older than I am, and I enjoyed it. The movie is a decade older than I am, is one the classic great monster movies of all time, and I'd never actually seen it. I'm really glad that I've now watched it. There's some great movie history, there.

mayan

Legendary member
Nah, not stalling. Just needed a break. I still haven't figured out why I can't print the plans. I'm thinking about importing them into InkScape and then exporting back to pdf and then trying to print from Adobe again.

I'll figure it out. Meantime, I took a break from plane building and watched a classic monster movie that's older than I am, and I enjoyed it. The movie is a decade older than I am, is one the classic great monster movies of all time, and I'd never actually seen it. I'm really glad that I've now watched it. There's some great movie history, there.
You know I am just messing with you, right ;)?