• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
Pumpkin drop event

Three Dimensional Flying with a Two Dimensional Plane!

But in the short distance and when the control horn changes it's axis (couldn't come up with the right word :D ) you have the rod pulling down and actually twisting the servo arm slightly.
When you have short push rods like that you can eliminate the twisting and bending by mounting the servo so the servo arm moves in the same plane as the control horn. For an aileron control horn on top, mount the servo horizontally so the servo arm points up.

The Hangar

When you have short push rods like that you can eliminate the twisting and bending by mounting the servo so the servo arm moves in the same plane as the control horn. For an aileron control horn on top, mount the servo horizontally so the servo arm points up.
Can you show a pic maybe? That would be worth 1000 words to me😂 I’m pretty sure I get it though.

TooJung2Die

Can you show a pic maybe?
I snapped a quick photo. Very short push rod wire. Servo and aileron control horn on the bottom of a wing. Same idea for the top.

IMG_1524.JPG

This push rod is made from two z-bend wires and a piece of heat shrink tubing. After the length of the push rod had been fine tuned a drop of thin CA glue on each end of the heat shrink locks it in place. Never had one come loose.
Jon