Three Dimensional Flying with a Two Dimensional Plane!

Headbang

Master member
3 variations ready for testing tomorrow morning.
20190921_194126.jpg

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Tomorrow I test side force generators, the new bigger control surfaces, 5g servos, and the 3d printed power pod
I think I’ll wait for the final plans before I build mine. Is there any chance you could test it on an 1808 motor? I have several 2400 kv 1808 motors that I’d like to use in it instead of buying some new ones, so I’m hoping they will provide adequate power on 3s

Headbang

Master member
I think I’ll wait for the final plans before I build mine. Is there any chance you could test it on an 1808 motor? I have several 2400 kv 1808 motors that I’d like to use in it instead of buying some new ones, so I’m hoping they will provide adequate power on 3s
I have a bunch of 1806 2400kv motors from A packs. I can just build another power pod with that motor and swap on plane 2 or 3. My guess is it will work, but might not have unlimited vertical. Maybe with the 5g servos it will be good (still not convinced 5g servos will hold up). The all up wieght of plane 3 with a brand new non-radial f pack including 5g servos, 20amp esc, 2205 2300kv motor, gens-ace 3s 800mAh 45c battery, and a spectrum ar410 rx was 260g.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I have a bunch of 1806 2400kv motors from A packs. I can just build another power pod with that motor and swap on plane 2 or 3. My guess is it will work, but might not have unlimited vertical. Maybe with the 5g servos it will be good (still not convinced 5g servos will hold up). The all up wieght of plane 3 with a brand new non-radial f pack including 5g servos, 20amp esc, 2205 2300kv motor, gens-ace 3s 800mAh 45c battery, and a spectrum ar410 rx was 260g.
That would be awesome! I’ll be using a 1000 mah 3s and 9 gram servos, so I might not have hovering and stuff, but it’ll still be a fun 3D plane I’m sure!

Headbang

Master member
That would be awesome! I’ll be using a 1000 mah 3s and 9 gram servos, so I might not have hovering and stuff, but it’ll still be a fun 3D plane I’m sure!
My first 2 I build are with a spectrum ar6600t reciever, much heavier then the ar410. I had no issues with unlimited vertical. My long easy had unlimited vertical as well, and it was similar wieght on an A pack. I am hopeful. And then the name may be better. Was thinking of calling this series the "Easy F" series, "Easy AF" sounds less negative 😄

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
My first 2 I build are with a spectrum ar6600t reciever, much heavier then the ar410. I had no issues with unlimited vertical. My long easy had unlimited vertical as well, and it was similar wieght on an A pack. I am hopeful. And then the name may be better. Was thinking of calling this series the "Easy F" series, "Easy AF" sounds less negative 😄
Haha Easy AF is hilarious:LOL:

Headbang

Master member
"Easy A.F." I'm both shaking my head in consternation and grinning from ear to ear! I would make a change to it. "HB's 3D Easy A.F." It sort of says it all! ;)
Was figuring something like that. Now that I have gone this far, I am thinking there may be several designs along this line. Was thinking of a Cessna 152, a ars 300, a slick, maybe even a crazy twin. All profile planes.
On another note, I did a test on tiling with poster settings, my plans printed very well on my printer. I hit the cut mark checkbox to make lining up easier. Been about a year since I got into flite test stuff, and about as long since I last taped plans. Now I remember why I built my mpcnc and needle cutter. Taping and hand cutting sucks! Soooo much easier to setup for cnc and hit the go button, 10-25mins later a sheet is all cut out and ready to go!

OliverW

Legendary member
Was figuring something like that. Now that I have gone this far, I am thinking there may be several designs along this line. Was thinking of a Cessna 152, a ars 300, a slick, maybe even a crazy twin. All profile planes.
On another note, I did a test on tiling with poster settings, my plans printed very well on my printer. I hit the cut mark checkbox to make lining up easier. Been about a year since I got into flite test stuff, and about as long since I last taped plans. Now I remember why I built my mpcnc and needle cutter. Taping and hand cutting sucks! Soooo much easier to setup for cnc and hit the go button, 10-25mins later a sheet is all cut out and ready to go!
Do an ARS!!! I love them to death!!

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Ok, I’ll give it another shot then. Yeah, a mpcnc would be awesome, but unfortunately they cost a bit, but I think I read somewhere that people have built em for under $300 - does that sound a thing like it?

OliverW

Legendary member
Lol notice it was the next on the list for 3d birds? My AJ ARS 300 is the best flying plane I own! So much so I have been considering buying an identical one and setting up electric with extreme flights xpwr60!
I recommend trying the skywing one. Ours is a beast! I love the ability to loop on the wingtip! My dad let's me fly her all the time and I enjoy every second of it! The new GP 76 is still breaking in and lacks a little bit of power because of that.

Headbang

Master member
Ok, I’ll give it another shot then. Yeah, a mpcnc would be awesome, but unfortunately they cost a bit, but I think I read somewhere that people have built em for under $300 - does that sound a thing like it?
It may be a thing in US dollars. My latest one is costing about $500CAD all in.

Wildthing

Legendary member

I click on labels also, that way the pages are numbered by rows and columns .

Apple Pie

Elite member
Beauty, thanks for the plans release! Question for you on vertical stab and rudder assembly. I'm trying to figure out which lines on the vstab to cut and how the elevator is installed into the fuselage. I have some ideas but looking at your pictures I'm not sure that my ideas are correct. Is the rudder a single piece or a double thick piece? Converting to dxf files via inkscape at the moment...

Headbang

Master member
The rudder is a single piece, on the plans the fuse half on the top has an extra piece that could be tossed or could be used as a doubler. The elevator slides in before the rudder goes on. I will make a note on final release.