Three Dimensional Flying with a Two Dimensional Plane!

mayan

Legendary member
I would be great to get a summary of all the FT power packs (including Kv) - I get so confused! :D
That would probably be a good project for someone. The person putting it together would learn a lot (if a relative newb) and then it would be a nice resource for all.
Didn't @mayan already put together something like that? I'm pretty sure @Mad_Mechanic (the spreadsheet guru) has done something similar, as well. :)

https://forum.flitetest.com/index.p...l-the-ft-models-with-electronics-required.64/

Headbang

Master member
Running behind schedule. These will be the final release minus a few notes to be added.
Also attaching the file for the 3D printed power pod. Best printed with PETG for heat resistance. 0.15mm Layer Height, 4 Perimeters Min, at least 5 bottom layers and 7 top layers, 20% infill.

Removed all older versions of plans from the forum. Just use these!

Attachments

• HB Easy AF EDGE Fuse V0.6.pdf
    45.1 KB · Views: 0
  • HB Easy AF EDGE Wing V0.6.pdf
    28.7 KB · Views: 0
  • HB Easy AF Firewall.stl
    403.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

OliverW

Legendary member
Starting my giles build...
20190930_165218.jpg

Headbang

Master member
So I was planning on taking an Easy edge out to a buddy to fly, this way I could get video of it flown by someone much better then me. Unfortunately he is on vacation. So as soon as I edit it for the second time (computer crashed just as I finished it the first time) I will have some video up from the a pack tests.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
So I was wondering if it would work to use one 9 gram servo for both ailerons. I’ll be using an 1808 2400 kv motor so it should have a little bit more power than the 1806, but not much. I’ll definitely be using gorilla glue to save weight but was thinking one servo for the ailerons could save NINE WHOLE GRAMS OF WEIGHT!!!
Any thoughts on that idea?

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
Running behind schedule. These will be the final release minus a few notes to be added.
Also attaching the file for the 3D printed power pod. Best printed with PETG for heat resistance. 0.15mm Layer Height, 4 Perimeters Min, at least 5 bottom layers and 7 top layers, 20% infill.

Oh, but heck yeah! I just checked them out. Nicely done plans! Thank you so much! I am REALLY looking forward to this build! Even if you don't drop them in the Resource section (which you should) you should consider posting them over here as well. The more exposure, the better. Let's get some people flying 3D! WhooHoo! :D

Headbang

Master member
So I was wondering if it would work to use one 9 gram servo for both ailerons. I’ll be using an 1808 2400 kv motor so it should have a little bit more power than the 1806, but not much. I’ll definitely be using gorilla glue to save weight but was thinking one servo for the ailerons could save NINE WHOLE GRAMS OF WEIGHT!!!
Any thoughts on that idea?
I toyed with the idea, but everything I came up with had serious drawbacks.

OliverW

Legendary member
You are going to really like the Giles I fly mine indoors during the winter, they are that good at flying slow in high alpha. One of the few 3D EPP planes that will fly in high winds and be fun doing it, I have flown mine up 20 MPH winds so fun flying backwards..
I hope I will!

Bricks

Master member
One thing to watch for when installing the aileron servo arm the V goes to the front seen a few that were built with it the wrong way. Be sure to run some packing tape across the nose before mounting the motor just like on the FT build with the power pod.

chris398mx

Master member

Thanks HeadBang. I started on one tonight. My first 3D plane. Quickly did some skins in Inkscape. I have the wing skin applied and cut out. What type of glue do you use to fold the wing in half? Hot Glue or other?

EASY AF Edge.jpg

Headbang

Master member
Thanks HeadBang. I started on one tonight. My first 3D plane. Quickly did some skins in Inkscape. I have the wing skin applied and cut out. What type of glue do you use to fold the wing in half? Hot Glue or other?

View attachment 144243
For the wing I used hot glue, seems to help for strength. For the fuse I used super 77 spray adhesive.
Love the skins! I was just going to make a stencil for paint before building.