Throttle doesn’t work after binding.

CrashTeaser

I am frustrated. This is my first transmitter and I’m new to this hobby. I have a Spektrum DX6e and I was able to bind it to a AR410 receiver, the rudder, ailerons and flaps work but no throttle. Does this have something to do with the failsafe mode? If it is I can’t get it out of it. I don’t see a failsafe section in the settings, or programming a switch for failsafe mode. I have updated the transmitter, I have watched countless YouTube videos, I’ve read the manual back and forth, I just don’t get what I’m doing wrong. There’s nothing in the troubleshooting part Of the manua. I’ve tried updating the receiver but the connection fails every time. I have the Flight Test Tutor plane with the power pack B. 1300mah 11.1 v battery. Looking for help. Also This is what I emailed to Spektrum.

thank you Robert

luvmy40

Elite member
Try calibrating the ESC.

Turn the Xmitter on, select your model, all switches off, then left stick full up.

Now, power up the receiver with the ESC connected. NO PROP INSTALLED.

After the esc finished it's song, bring the left stick all the way down, then all the up, then all the way down again.

Your ERSC is now calibrated.

This may not fix your problem, but there is a very good chance it will.

Are you sure you have the ESC control wire in channel 1 and oriented correctly on your receiver?

quorneng

Master member
If the control surfaces work but no throttle then the Speed Controller (ESC), which also provides the 5V power to the receiver and the servos, is not happy with the signal it is getting from the receiver. In this situation as a safety feature it refuses to start. Normally this will cause the ESC e the motor to make a repeated single beep rather than the musical tones followed by 3 beeps (in your case) as the battery cell count.
As luvmy40 suggests the first thing to check is to make absolutely sure the throttle connection is in the right channel on the receiver. In the wrong channel the ESC will still provide power to the receiver and servos but the throttle will not work.
A throttle calibration ca also wake up the ESC or at least ensure the throttle stick causes the ESC to power the motor from off to 100% power.
I hope this helps.

CrashTeaser

thanks for the help. I got it going. I had the wire plugged into the battery port and not in the 1 port. the Logical thinking I had was to plug it into the battery port because the receiver needs power.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0

luvmy40

Elite member
You should still calibrate the ESC. This should be done for ever new "Model" you create, or when you change the ESC on an existing model.

CrashTeaser

You should still calibrate the ESC. This should be done for ever new "Model" you create, or when you change the ESC on an existing model.
I will. I’m going to do a test flight after dinner in my yard. Calibration and range test. I did the aileron and rudder mix to 20%

wish me luck. Thanks

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
thanks for the help. I got it going. I had the wire plugged into the battery port and not in the 1 port. the Logical thinking I had was to plug it into the battery port because the receiver needs power.
FYI - On the Rx, All of the positive pins are connected to each other. Likewise all of the negative pins are connected to each other. In other words, it doesn't mater which channel receives the power. Only the signal pins are all separate from each other.