Throttle Range Trouble Shooting

Parker37

Hi,
I just got the Tiny Trainer Starter kit for Christmas and I am having some problems with connecting the electronics. I was successful at binding the dxe transmitter to the receiver but when I attempted to set the throttle limits, I am not getting any beeping when I try to set the upper limit. I followed the directions in the connecting electronics video from flight test.

Any ideas what the problem might be?

Thanks,
Parker

ofiesens2

Professional noob
I had the same thing happen when binding my Simple Soarer yesterday.

The beeps might be different on your ESCfrom that in the video. The ESC should have come with a manual, and generally the manual spells out the different "programming" procedures. Setting the throttle limits should be in there somewhere.
On my little 10amp ESC that came with the original power packs from Lazertoys, there was a certain beeping pattern I had to follow to set the throttle end points, and if I was a bit too late I would accidentally set the ESC to brake instead of free wheeling.

Hope that helps.

Parker37

That is what I thought at first so I went to look at the manual and it did in fact say that there was a different beeping pattern. The steps in the directions were the same as the ones in the video aside from the different beeping patterns but I am not getting any beeps when I attempt to set the limits. I have since then had no trouble setting up the servos and the motor is the only thing holding me back.

Thanks,
Parker

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Usually (with props OFF!!) all you need to do is turn your radio on and set your throttle stick to the highest position, then power up your esc and motor, and as soon a you hear any beeping drop the throttle back to its lowest position. After that the esc should reboot and start normally. Once that is done for airplanes you are set the esc now knows where your radio says full throttle and no throttle are.. You can fine tune sub trims and end points to center the response better for air planes (or use throttle curves for finer control) or to fully set up a quad copter to work best with a flight controller.

Parker37

Thanks for all the help. I finally took it into a hobby store near my house and found that it was a bad motor.

Thanks again
Parker