Throttle stuck on

Hi All.

Just hooked up my Park 370 motor to my ESC and plugged in to my receiver to test that I was spinning the right direction. When I turned on the throttle, the motor started spinning with the throttle stick at -100. I thought this was something weird so I moved the throttle to 100 (all up) and it sped up like it should. I could not get the motor to stop spinning until I trimmed it back to -120%

Any idea what would cause this?

Transmitter: DX6 G3
Receiver: AR6600T
Motor: E-flite Park 370
ESC: Beatles 20A

Paracodespoder

Elite member
Check the manual for the esc to see how to program it, then calibrate the throttle endpoints. Also check that it is not it quadcopter mode ( in the transmitter), because quadcopter's will spin up the motors when armed.

Paracodespoder

Elite member
For the ft planes, yes, but really you can make them go either way, that's just the standard way of doing it. As long as the prop is spinning properly and the numbers on the prop face the front of the plane.

Bricks

Master member
Another thing to keep in mind for later use, some ESC`s will spin up when plugging in the plane battery with a throttle cut switch is set to on and then throttle cut switched off the motor will spin up. Those ESC`s have to be plugged in with the throttle cut switch off. then they will work properly I have a couple this way.

Another thing to keep in mind for later use, some ESC`s will spin up when plugging in the plane battery with a throttle cut switch is set to on and then throttle cut switched off the motor will spin up. Those ESC`s have to be plugged in with the throttle cut switch off. then they will work properly I have a couple this way.

I’ll be sure to remember that. Thanks. I have two more to wire up.