Throttle trim help for a noob

BryGuy

Hi all!

I did things backwards and bought a quad off E-bay and then found Flite Test. I read all I could while shipping from Hong Kong took its sweet time. The maiden flight lasted 5 seconds if the clock was generous.

Waiting for replacement props from HK, I read more and watched more Flite Test. Anyway, here's what I need advice with.

I've calibrated the ESCs and the motors still don't move until about 60% throttle and the quad goes shooting into the air. I can't ease off the throttle to bring it down in a controlled manner, it just shuts down the motors completely and I get a freefall back to earth. I've tried 0-25-50-75-100 throttle "curve", I've adjusted to 0-60-65-70-100 ; 60-62-65-68-100 and about every combination in between. I feel like I'm putting in random numbers at this point.

Can anyone help me out with some advice? Would a pitch curve adjustment help this out? Here's the equipment setup:

"Mystery" brand (should have been my first clue)
330 size quad
a2208-12 1800 kv motors
8 x 4.5 props, originally 7035 3 blade
12 amp ESCs (description had 20 amp spec'd)
mystery mmc-10 flight controller
3s 1500mah 25c battery
radio link T6EHP-E transmitter

Appreciate the help, my son has been breathing down my neck to fly it but I don't want a sure fire crash until I get things sorted out

Thanks - Bryan

Kodiak181

Hi Bryan,

Hope you got it sorted out, but if not, have you tried programming your ESCs with a programming card? Mind you I'm a newb myself but it sounds like the ESCs are causing the issues.

I'm not familiar with the mmc flight controller, can you change the stick scaling so the throttle has less punch?

I run a kk2 on my hj450 quad and tricopter and other than some silly mistakes on my part, it has been a great starter board for me. My daughter was as giddy as I was on my quad copter maiden flight so I understand wanting to get a good flight in for the kids. I hope you get flying soon! :)

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
I've adjusted to 0-60-65-70-100 ; 60-62-65-68-100 and about every combination in between. I feel like I'm putting in random numbers at this point.

Maybe the potentiometer of the transmitter if damaged. But try out something on your curve like 0 - 0 - 25 - 35 - 45 which might prevent it from doing that jump into the air.