Thrust Vectoring Autonomous LEM (Lunar Excursion Module) Build

VAALLEON

Below is another motor test. Haven’t found the right motor yet. Meanwhile working on the rest of the body. While waiting for the new motor that I have ordered.
IMG_20190707_153436920_HDR.jpg

Wildthing

Legendary member
Man you got that thing handling really good, I like how the body is coming along also.

I do have to ask, does it do flips and rolls ? :D :D

VAALLEON

New 12 blade fan and ESC installed. It completely threw the prior PID out of the window. Added weight & torque, combined with added body parts messed it up. After a couple of crash landings and one week of trying re-figure the PID and all the rest of the stuff, finally there.

This short flight shows a pretty good performance WITH THE FIRST SUCCESSFUL LANDING😊

Now I will work on the GPS for auto-land and do the final touches on the looks.

Thanks

VAALLEON

Windy day at the trail. Unfortunately my brain doesn't have an abort button, and after working this hard I have to land this machine on the 50th anniversary. One crash landing due to the LEM antenna getting sucked into the fan. No damage and two successful landings after. Tried to angle the onboard camera like the famous landing footage of LEM. One video shows only onboard cam and the other one is an attempt to show both cams simultaneously. Flag and ladder were contracted to my 7-year-old daughter. They came they came in a little out of spec but she was the lowest bidder😊

IMG_20190719_201634371 (1).jpg
IMG_20190719_201648479.jpg
IMG_20190719_201634371 (1).jpg

VAALLEON

A higher speed flight of the lander that I wanted to do for months! I had chance to take it for a spin today.

It flies and maneuvers really well. I took it to some decent speeds for a structure which is not designed for atmospheric flight and it handled extremely well. No loss of control, very confident.

I will do some cosmetic fixes here and there but other than that all good:)