Help! Thrust Vectoring

Noodles

HELLO!! I was woudering if any one know of how to make of buy a thrust vectoring nozzle. Perferably a 2 axis 360 degree 70m EDF

Last edited:

Noodles

1569500251043.png

I did find this one on there that i like
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2592989

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
You can always have it printed for you by a 3d-printing company... that's what I do when I want something printed in TPU (Flexible filament) as my printer doesn't handle that stuff well.

L Edge

Master member
Those are hard to find. Years ago, they were on a number of planes fron 64mm to 90 mm. Sadly, very few companies produce them now.

Best to have them printed. Maybe some one will tell how good they hold up in flight and crashes. One company was offering 70 and 80 at $44 a pair, Wow!!!

Headbang

Master member
Not sure, do not have a scale where I am working on it. I can say that it is not very light, but balancing the viggen does not look like it will be an issue. I really think it will mate well with a 70mm edf on 6s, double the thrust of a 4s unit and the extra wieght of the battery balances the vector ball.

L Edge

Master member
Not sure, do not have a scale where I am working on it. I can say that it is not very light, but balancing the viggen does not look like it will be an issue. I really think it will mate well with a 70mm edf on 6s, double the thrust of a 4s unit and the extra wieght of the battery balances the vector ball.

Thanks!!

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
I have a Project right now that I need to build a 90° thrust bend from straight. Anyone use something like foam cups, or plastic?