Thunderbolt 230 and 250 mini quads

rcflyer729

fpv and rc planes
I wanted to let you all know I have designed a mini quad and I cnc cut my own frames. I am 17 and have been flying for around 7 years. Over a year ago I started flying mini quads. Here are the specs and some pictures of my frame.

The Thunderbolt Mini Quad is a high quality quadcopter frame featuring durable carbon fiber, 4mm thick carbon arms, and a well-protected, forward camera mounting position. This frame was designed with both racing and freestyle in mind, being tested on both. Given its small size, this is the perfect option if you want to protect your GoPro and still fit though those small gaps. This frame also supports the Xiaomi Yi Action Camera and any like-sized camera.

The Thunderbolt frame is constructed from 1.5mm 3k twill carbon fiber and the arms from rigid 4mm carbon. With such strong materials, I have found it to be unbreakable in all my testing. This frame has been a long time in design and I have gotten the kinks worked out. In designing this frame, I tried to get it as small as possible while still offering excellent GoPro protection. In fact, this is the smallest frame on the market with this amount of protection. Due to the small size, the battery must be mounted on the top plate. This has worked very well in all my testing and does not throw the center of gravity off enough to effect the flight performance.

If you choose to buy the 230mm version, you will be able to run 5in props. With the 250mm version, you can run 6in props. The arm length is the only difference between the two versions; all the parts are interchangeable.

Specifications:

1.5mm Thick Main Frame Plates, 3k Twill Carbon Fiber

4mm Thick Arms, 3k Twill Carbon Fiber

Strong Nylon 30mm Standoffs

M3 Hardware (Nuts and Bolts)

Supports GoPro 3, 3+, 4; Xiaomi Yi Action Camera and any other like-sized camera

Supports 6in Propellers

Weight of the hole frame including hardware is 6.3oz or 175grams

Full line of replacement parts available here in the store
250 version
http://rcthunderquads.com/product/thunderbolt-mini-quad-frame-250-version-6in-props/
230 version
http://rcthunderquads.com/product/thunder-bolt-mini-quad-frame/
IMG_8703.jpg IMG_8704.jpg mini quad 6.jpg