Tiled plans for FT Tiny Trainer does not align when printed.

daspunner

Printed the tiled plans for the Tiny Trainer and realized that a section on page 5 and 6 does not align as it should. Luckily for me that is not one of the two wings included in the plans I am building right now but I will be later. Please could anyone correct this?

2hqgs50.jpg

Thanks for the great work!

/D

DamoRC

Elite member
Mentor
I don;t think its a problem with the plans. I just had a look at the tiled version, did some screen captures and confirmed that the pages align fine. It is probably a slight error in the printing or perhaps when you were trimming the pages. Either way @donalson offers a reasonable solution I think.

DamoRC

donalson

I don;t think its a problem with the plans. I just had a look at the tiled version, did some screen captures and confirmed that the pages align fine. It is probably a slight error in the printing or perhaps when you were trimming the pages. Either way @donalson offers a reasonable solution I think.

DamoRC

ya I used these same plans fairly recently... depending on how I line things up sometimes I have to move the page around to get the lines to flow correctly... I apparently missed that sponz had a version up... his newer designs are much better than the original FT plans...

honestly stitching plans together is my least fav part of the FT build process... I need to find a cheap place to print blueprints in color so I can skip that step...

daspunner

Always printed plans in the same way and no problems before. Noticed the allignment problems in other parts too with the same PDF. Downloaded Sp0nz version and the problem wasn't there anymore. Thank you guys for making me aware of the differences in the plans. Those quartercircles on Sp0nz plans help alot when putting them together.

jhitesma

Some guy in the desert
Mentor
The printer you use can affect it as well. Laser printers actually tend to be less accurate - the heat they use to fuse the toner can cause the paper to shift dimensionally, usually more in one direction than another. Inkjets tend to be more accurate in general - especially color inkjets since they need to make multiple passes with extreme accuracy to get all the colors correct, so for things like plans they're generally the best bet if you have a choice of printers.

I know my cheap 15 year old laser does an acceptable job - but does tend to go a few mm out in one dimension. But it's so much cheaper to print with it than my inkjets that I generally use it anyway and just fudge the difference on most things. Things that need to be critically accurate I give in and use one of my inkjets.

donalson

Always printed plans in the same way and no problems before. Noticed the allignment problems in other parts too with the same PDF. Downloaded Sp0nz version and the problem wasn't there anymore. Thank you guys for making me aware of the differences in the plans. Those quartercircles on Sp0nz plans help alot when putting them together.

ya I wish I'd used the sponz version... I do for most of the planes I build... but somehow I missed that one doh.

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
You guys probably missed it because its still in the older format of the updated plans section. I really need to get back to that one and update to the latest template.