Tiled Plans not lining up

Steve H

Hi everyone
Bought myself some foam today for my first build. Downloaded and printed the FT Flyer tiled plans but i cannot get all the parts to line up. Anybody else had this issue? anybody have a solution?

TEAJR66

Flite is good
Mentor
Line them up as close as possible and give it a go. These are very forgiving designs and do not require perfection.

Use a long straight edge and line up the long lines as best as possible. If you do this on a large window with the light shining through, it is easier. In this case, don't stress the cut marks or index lines. Just line up the cut lines.

Good luck with it.

Be safe and have fun,
Tommy

Ron B

Posted a thousand or more times
Are they close or are they way off? If close just do like Teajr said.

TEAJR66

Flite is good
Mentor
just line up the long cut lines. The ones for the airframe not the tiled page cut lines. Sorry for the lack of clarity.

Be safe and have fun,
Tommy

nerdnic

nerdnic.com
Mentor
I used a few different printers and there is always a few pages that get messed up by the printer. It's usually only a off by cm or two but it's never impacted the flight of a plane. There is a pretty big grace window with these planes so don't worry about it and just get it as close as you can.

mrstamp80

I had the same problem with my (16) tiled plans for the versa wing. I layed it all out as close as possible, then the right side was about 1 1/2 inches shorter than the left. (from nose tip to rear) Ended up scraping the right side and mirroring the left side.

With that said was gonna build another versa wing for fpv gear. So this time i am going to staples and and getting the full size plans blown up.

Question: Does anyone know what size to get the full size plans blown up to? Thanks, as it does not say anywhere in the build or on the printed plans.

mrstamp80

The guy at staples helped me out a bit. He ended up enlarging the page 335%

I wish FT would put the enlargement size on the standard full size plans you print out. Other than that keep up the good work!

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
The guy at staples helped me out a bit. He ended up enlarging the page 335%

I wish FT would put the enlargement size on the standard full size plans you print out. Other than that keep up the good work!

I'm glad it worked for you, but this seems odd to me -- Every plan I've D/L'ed and printed from FT, the page size was correctly embedded in the file. Once the helpful-but-not-quite-trained lady at the local Office Depot print center turned *OFF* the scaling, and properly rotated the job to fit on the paper roll, it's printed perfect -- the inch guide consistantly matching a ruler.

In all fairness, I have yet to print a set of the Versa plans (and probably won't since I've gotten someone to print a set for me), but I've printed several sets of plans, both older and newer than the Versa. Every set has been properly sized, even though every set has been a different page size.

BTW, Welcome to the forum!

Stradawhovious

"That guy"
I've always had a problem printing the tiled version. I now print the full sized version and print in the "poster" setting with cutlines. THere are still some issues with the plans lining up, but now it's much much closer.

Thump2010

The best way to print and line up plans I have found (doing it myself and not taking them to be done) is to not download the tiled plans but the full plans and then let adobe reader tile the plans setting the print to poster, 100% scaling, with cut lines
I line up the cut marks it makes when it does it's magic and they have all lined up every time.
although I still dream of laser cutters though.... -sigh- ;)

Last edited: