Timber motor problem

Headbang

Master member
Mount breaking loose is the result of a a hit on the nose or, as I found out, hard 3d flight. Gorilla glue will not work tho. Need something stronger like epoxy. There just is not much holding it in there out of the box.

Greg A

Mount breaking loose is the result of a a hit on the nose or, as I found out, hard 3d flight. Gorilla glue will not work tho. Need something stronger like epoxy. There just is not much holding it in there out of the box.
It did hit the ground. I will epoxy it up real good balance the prop and see what happens. I watched the motor spin yesterday if the shaft is bent it's very hard to see. If all that doesn't work I'll have to buy a new motor. Thanks for all the help.

Greg A

What brand of 30 minute epoxy do you use there so many different types

Headbang

Master member
What brand of 30 minute epoxy do you use there so many different types
Bsi is what I get.
20190301_180720.jpg

Halestorm2035

I am having a similar issue, although vibration only occurs at high throttle. I recently replaced the motor shaft (Bent it pulling up while flying inverted... Wrong up). Does the fact that there is no vibration when running the motor clean simply indicate an out of balance prop, or is it possible that putting a load on the motor can cause it to vibrate if something isn't right?

Headbang

Master member
I am having a similar issue, although vibration only occurs at high throttle. I recently replaced the motor shaft (Bent it pulling up while flying inverted... Wrong up). Does the fact that there is no vibration when running the motor clean simply indicate an out of balance prop, or is it possible that putting a load on the motor can cause it to vibrate if something isn't right?
The prop adapter bends easily, could be that. Or prop or spinner.

Headbang

Master member
Well I guess I'll just start pulling parts off till it doesn't shake, that should give me an idea of the cause.
Thank you!
About all you can do, I currently have a timberX with a bent prop adapter, but no spinner. Vibration is there, but just barely noticable. You can just slightly see the bend when spinning, it is bent forward of the prop. Failed to pull out of a flat spin at 5ft off the ground, nosed it in. Bent my original timber when I hit the pilot stand taxiing. Solution for that was a new adapter as well. Adapters are aluminum, and bend real easy.