Time stamp off on action cam, how to fix?

Vimana89

Legendary member
I have one of those cheap $20 mini action cams and the time stamp on all my videos is 2018 and the rest of the date is always off too. Any way to tweak this, or a way to edit if via YouTube or a video editing program? I'll post pics and try to link the camera from Amazon when I get a chance.

Arcfyre

Elite member
I'm not sure of your exact model, but here's how to do it on the cheapo 808 keychain cam:

Use a USB cable to plug the camera into a PC. Once the camera is detected, open it up and look for a configuration file. They all have different names, but importantly, the file extension will be .txt

Open that text file and find the parameter for date/time. You should be able to type in the current date and time. Save the file, and you should be good to go.

Alternatively, the date/time parameter will have a binary modifier next to it's line item in the text file. Date stamp "on" will be a 1, date stamp off would be "0". Changing that 1 to a 0 will effectively turn off the date and time stamp and you won't have to see it anymore. Don't forget to save the text file when you're done editing itz or the changes won't take.

Hope this helps.

Vimana89

Legendary member
I'm not sure of your exact model, but here's how to do it on the cheapo 808 keychain cam:

Use a USB cable to plug the camera into a PC. Once the camera is detected, open it up and look for a configuration file. They all have different names, but importantly, the file extension will be .txt

Open that text file and find the parameter for date/time. You should be able to type in the current date and time. Save the file, and you should be good to go.

Alternatively, the date/time parameter will have a binary modifier next to it's line item in the text file. Date stamp "on" will be a 1, date stamp off would be "0". Changing that 1 to a 0 will effectively turn off the date and time stamp and you won't have to see it anymore. Don't forget to save the text file when you're done editing itz or the changes won't take.

Hope this helps.
Good info, thanks a lot. Will do this when I get a chance, and update here if I have any issues, but I'm pretty sure this is it right here👍