Time to upgrade from 2.4 ghz spektrum

saundw

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM! SAME TRANSMITTER SAME RECIEVER SAME DISTANCE. IT'S LIKE HEARING MY OWN LIFE STORY....anyway I ordered Dragonlink- hope you find an answer too!

earthsciteach

Might not be the transmitter. Brown out is a fairly common thing if you are flying without a BEC. The voltage to the esc momentarily drops below some threshold and the ESC resets itself. While it is resetting, your plane is crashing.

May also be interference from something. I have heard that wireless networks operate on 2.4 GHz and can cause problems. Not 100% sure about that, though.

saundw

Might not be the transmitter. Brown out is a fairly common thing if you are flying without a BEC. The voltage to the esc momentarily drops below some threshold and the ESC resets itself. While it is resetting, your plane is crashing.

May also be interference from something. I have heard that wireless networks operate on 2.4 GHz and can cause problems. Not 100% sure about that, though.

Do you have a diagram for BEC installation?

sandblaster

Always have wonders when this kind of thing is reported. Like, were the antenna placements correct? See video here: http://www.horizonhobby.com/products/ar6210-6-channel-dsmx-receiver-SPMAR6210

Was there a cell tower close? A much more powerful radio in the area, police or??? If close enough and powerful enough could they not crossover and kill our weak radio signal? Have heard them do so on public address systems, why not our radios? Was the proper range testing done on the install? Is this one of the risk we pay for not flying at a regulated field? When this happens without some testing, throwing all the blame on the radio could be "throwing the baby out with the bath water" type thing. Seems with a powerful enough radio, close enough, just keying the mike could be enough to cause a crash. Something to think on.