Timmy's Crash Log (24 crashes)

Timmy

Legendary member
The day after I crashed the F-22 I finished my glider which I am calling Lutra 2.0
P1150868.JPG

I had a butt-ton of fun with it untill the wind caught it and it stalled and crashed down a hill while cart wheeling. Now I can make improvements without being sad about taking it apart!

Timmy

Legendary member
P1160143.JPG
I was just reading through this thread and it seems like I've had a lot of fun :)
Anyways I flew the Ripper a couple of weeks ago and the thrust angle was to much, I will have to widen the booms and put the motor lower.
No big damage but that was my last 6x4 prop and its chipped now. Also the wings have some big creases in them and i don't think they'll survive a loop anymore.

View attachment 218861 I was just reading through this thread and it seems like I've had a lot of fun :)
Anyways I flew the Ripper a couple of weeks ago and the thrust angle was to much, I will have to widen the booms and put the motor lower.
No big damage but that was my last 6x4 prop and its chipped now. Also the wings have some big creases in them and i don't think they'll survive a loop anymore.
I hate when those wrinkles get in there.
Some people say it's ok to glue your prop back together. :rolleyes: :LOL:

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
View attachment 218861 I was just reading through this thread and it seems like I've had a lot of fun :)
Shove a CF rod down the leading edge and embed another thinner one close to the trailing edge, that will stop the wing folding. Then get some filler for those creases and paint it. Problem solved ;)(y)

SSgt Duramax

I hate when those wrinkles get in there.
Some people say it's ok to glue your prop back together. :rolleyes::LOL:
No bro, duct tape.

I have to admit, I have bent props back into shape and used them though. Usually the plane crashed right after that anyways, because the reason in bent in the first place is the plane didn't fly well. I can't speak to longevity.

No bro, duct tape.

I have to admit, I have bent props back into shape and used them though. Usually the plane crashed right after that anyways, because the reason in bent in the first place is the plane didn't fly well. I can't speak to longevity.
Me too, bent it back into place. Figured if it blows apart it'll be up in the air when it does. :rolleyes:
If the Safety Police want to jump in and berate me, well you're absolutely right. :)

Still alive & kicking & in one piece after all these years. (y)

SSgt Duramax

Me too, bent it back into place. Figured if it blows apart it'll be up in the air when it does. :rolleyes:
If the Safety Police want to jump in and berate me, well you're absolutely right. :)

Still alive & kicking & in one piece after all these years. (y)
I just spin it up holding it away from my face and looking the other way. Then I chunk it. The only time I cut myself with a prop I deserved it. I was climbing the fence to the field I usually fly at because it was locked up for whatever reason. I was holding my plane right on the cowling (which was already powered up) and dropped my TX over first, it landed on the throttle and turned the prop on and hacked my wrist. Learned several lessons the hard way.... except for one. I still climb the fence if need be. I pay property taxes by God.

I just spin it up holding it away from my face and looking the other way. Then I chunk it. The only time I cut myself with a prop I deserved it. I was climbing the fence to the field I usually fly at because it was locked up for whatever reason. I was holding my plane right on the cowling (which was already powered up) and dropped my TX over first, it landed on the throttle and turned the prop on and hacked my wrist. Learned several lessons the hard way.... except for one. I still climb the fence if need be. I pay property taxes by God.
Oh you deserved that one!

Timmy's cool. <--- There, back on topic.

Timmy

Legendary member
Shove a CF rod down the leading edge and embed another thinner one close to the trailing edge, that will stop the wing folding. Then get some filler for those creases and paint it. Problem solved ;)(y)
Don't have carbon fibre but I'll use wewd