Tiny Quad Battery Needed

jack10525

I got a Eachine E013 Micro FPV Racing Quadcopter but it only came with 1 tiny battery. I would like to buy some extra batteries. Its a 1s 200 mah 35c lipo but I don't know what the connector is. I've had a few small cheap quads and it seems the connector is a little different on most of them.

Attachments

• IMG_0463.jpg
    IMG_0463.jpg
    422.6 KB · Views: 0

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
Looks like the same battery connection on the UMX Timber...I can't quite tell if it's the exact same, though. Grr...Frustrates me when the companies try to make batteries and connectors that are proprietary like this. One solution I can offer is that you could always just cut the end off and splice in something like an EC3 plug instead, make it more standardized; it may cost a little more, but it IS a more stable connection that won't come loose and they're relatively easy to find batteries with those connectors...

foamtest

Toothpick glider kid
Looks like the same battery connection on the UMX Timber...I can't quite tell if it's the exact same, though. Grr...Frustrates me when the companies try to make batteries and connectors that are proprietary like this. One solution I can offer is that you could always just cut the end off and splice in something like an EC3 plug instead, make it more standardized; it may cost a little more, but it IS a more stable connection that won't come loose and they're relatively easy to find batteries with those connectors...
I don’t think it’s a proprietary thing as more of a performance upgrade. These connections allow more current through them than the normal micro connectors. This is the same style of connector that most of the micro drones on banggood use. It’s also the same connector tiny whoop uses on their quads but they have branded it as a “power whoop connector” since it’s a larger version of the normal inductrix connector.

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
I don’t think it’s a proprietary thing as more of a performance upgrade. These connections allow more current through them than the normal micro connectors. This is the same style of connector that most of the micro drones on banggood use. It’s also the same connector tiny whoop uses on their quads but they have branded it as a “power whoop connector” since it’s a larger version of the normal inductrix connector.

Ok. Kinda hard to tell from the pic, and the fact that it's a 2S battery makes me think it's something along the lines of the red JST plugs or XT30s. I wish we could just standardize our plugs (I've been making a move over to XT30/60/90, depending on the usage of my circuits, since they hold up really well in testing), but I don't see it happening anytime soon, unfortunately.

foamtest

Toothpick glider kid
Ok. Kinda hard to tell from the pic, and the fact that it's a 2S battery makes me think it's something along the lines of the red JST plugs or XT30s. I wish we could just standardize our plugs (I've been making a move over to XT30/60/90, depending on the usage of my circuits, since they hold up really well in testing), but I don't see it happening anytime soon, unfortunately.
I assume that the 2s that you’re talking about is for the timber because the battery on here is definitely a 1s lipo. Also I completely agree with the connector standardizing it’s a pain to constantly have different connectors for everything.

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
Standardizing is a little pain up front, but it's really nice in the end to have everything on common connectors with a couple conversion plugs handy.

I recommend going with the XT30/60/90 route - mostly because the company that came up with the design isn't charging any licensing fees for other manufacturers to use their design so we see more and more companies using it every year. They are also very easy to solder up and with a needle nose pliers you can even change how tight they are to connect/disconnect.

I do run the Power Whoop 2.0 pitch connector on my whoops rather than the XT30 - but my gremlin and other indoor planes are all on XT30s.