Tiny Trainer, and a 2204 2300kv motor

NopeFather

I just purchased a 2204 2300kv emax motor due to the dis-trust I have towards the 1806 motor from reading plenty of reviews and a failure I had with it.. It is a bit larger so I took a drill bit and made the holes larger on the firewall but the motor did not line up properly. How should I mount this motor? any feedback is helpful.

SlingShot

Maneuvering With Purpose
I just purchased a 2204 2300kv emax motor due to the dis-trust I have towards the 1806 motor from reading plenty of reviews and a failure I had with it.. It is a bit larger so I took a drill bit and made the holes larger on the firewall but the motor did not line up properly. How should I mount this motor? any feedback is helpful.

2 opposing holes will line up perfectly. Just go with 2 screws. Happy flying.

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
When I fit a larger or smaller to an existing installation I rotate the new motor about 45 degrees and drill fresh mounting holes for the new motor.

The leads just need to be re-routed to the ESC but it is no big deal.

If after the testing I want to swap the motor back to the original I have not destroyed or enlarged the previous mounting holes.

Another method for those "Test bed" planes is to make up a second, "dummy", engine bulkhead which I drill to suit the new motor and use another set of screws to screw the dummy to the original bulkhead. In this case the normal mounting hole area of the original bulkhead had large holes drilled in the normal mounting hole position and the screws used to attach the second bulkhead are screwed into the 45 degree , (normally unused), positions in the bulkheads. With this method I sometimes use small sapcers between the bulkheads to help with the balance.

Finally the best approach is to have a number of different power pods with each being drilled to suit an individual motor mount.

Just what works for me!

Have fun!

NopeFather

Thanks guys for the input! getting to work on that right now and yea i run a 6.45 prop so hopefully i get a big more power out of the tiny trainer.

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
I found that I could shoehorn a 2205c 1400Kv from HK into my TTs and run them off of a 850 3S swinging a 9x5 prop on a prop adapter. What a beast it can be:rolleyes:. I under prop it with a 6x5 for those I teach and use the integral prop saver.

Just my favorite setup!

have fun!