Tiny trainer derivative

bracesport

Legendary member
@daxian - I'm running a 2cell 1300mAh lipo, 1000Kv motor, 30Amp ESC, and three servos

@Hai-Lee - you have a wealth of knowledge - (apart from changing the servo), someone mentioned wrapping the servo line around a ferrite and I did not fully understand it till I was poking around the Pheonix 1600 in the box and saw that has them in the kit, also I will look at twisting the servo cable to see if anything helps

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
@daxian - I'm running a 2cell 1300mAh lipo, 1000Kv motor, 30Amp ESC, and three servos

@Hai-Lee - you have a wealth of knowledge - (apart from changing the servo), someone mentioned wrapping the servo line around a ferrite and I did not fully understand it till I was poking around the Pheonix 1600 in the box and saw that has them in the kit, also I will look at twisting the servo cable to see if anything helps
Wrapping it around a ferrite will help calm any voltage spiking BUT if it is a resistive rail drop it will be largely ineffective. You have a method to see if the issue is a voltage spike or a voltage drop!

If you are able to remove the pins from the connector plastic body then you can do a tighter wrap around a smaller ferrite bead. Then of course reinsert the pins into the connector plastic body!

Have fun!

bracesport

Legendary member
the cyclops v3 arrived - it is so small!

I will need to change the power plug - I am planning to put a servo connector onto it and plug it into the Rx.

IMG_6061.jpg

bracesport

Legendary member
@mayan - recently I was getting that servo jitter as you will remember - I replaced the servo and the jitter is gone - the faulty servo was brand new too (I have set it aside for some scrutiny later).

mayan

Legendary member
@mayan - recently I was getting that servo jitter as you will remember - I replaced the servo and the jitter is gone - the faulty servo was brand new too (I have set it aside for some scrutiny later).
FYI I changed the servo and the jitter continues I think I need 9 servos on the rudder it seems to me like the control surface is too big and it requires a higher torque servo :).

kilroy07

Legendary member
(I have set it aside for some scrutiny later).
Yes, let us know!... I've been running into jitters with some of the digital servos I bought.... I bought some rings and will try that soon.

That camera looks top notch! Much better than the cheap ones I have... Might have to upgrade (thanks for that!) :mad::LOL:

bracesport

Legendary member
Finally - some flying I can whoop whoop about - I had about 15mins spare after some cricket with our son with the wind settled and the rain at bay - luckily I packed the TT!

I had the cyclops on board but I seem to have some issues - light blinking at takeoff but steady again when landed - I am wondering if heavy landings are causing the camera to fail in some way and delete the footage (not commit it to memory)?

TT.jpg

bracesport

Legendary member
regarding the Cyclops v3 - I think I might be suffering a voltage drop or a voltage loss in flight - to test this next time I will add a separate battery and see what happens - if successful, I might need to think about a uBEC from the battery directly to the camera - I am a bit in the dark at this point!

Screen Shot 2019-04-22 at 3.52.05 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-04-22 at 3.58.31 PM.png

mayan

Legendary member
Finally - some flying I can whoop whoop about - I had about 15mins spare after some cricket with our son with the wind settled and the rain at bay - luckily I packed the TT!

I had the cyclops on board but I seem to have some issues - light blinking at takeoff but steady again when landed - I am wondering if heavy landings are causing the camera to fail in some way and delete the footage (not commit it to memory)?

View attachment 129648
Great flying! You see that you can go higher.

bracesport

Legendary member
my Cyclops v3 camera is normally plugged to the RX but I have been having issues with the footage being dumped either with low power or from crashing - today I made an adapter so I can plug the camera into a separate UBEC on its own battery - its a weekday tomorrow (which means work) but I have packed my flying kit and will see what happens at lunch time!

bracesport

Legendary member
So, it was a bit windy for me (and the TT) but I was determined to try the camera on its separate power supply.

I am running a 1000kv motor with an 11x6 folding slow prop and at full power on the 1300mAh 2 cells, (half charged), I could hardly fly forwards into the wind - Sadly on the third landing (not parallel with the ground) I broke the prop, so it was game over!

I was very happy with my latest effort as usually, I would attempt to fly only on a windless day! If I hadn't broken the prop I would have definitely got some more footage on the Cyclops - next time I will mount it under the wing!

IMG_6311.JPG

mayan

Legendary member
Nice flying @bracesport! I am happy to see you fly more and fear less. Try maybe doing some circle flying might help you get more practice time :).