Tiny trainer F pack motor instead of A

Inzane121

So, after scratch building my TT it hung on my wall for a week due to confidence issues on my part. I have been practicing with real flight 8 to build my confidence and it works.. If you dont have real flight ..get it !! My first flight with mt TT went as good as possible. I got a little risky on my third battery and crashed. Building up all edges with hot glue really helps in crashes and there was no major damage. Now after several flights and a few mishaps I am rebuilding the nose and rebuilding the power pod. I want to use my spare F pack motor. I am not sure if I should mount in on the angle side of the power pod for the thrust angle with the A pack motor, or mount it on the flat side. Has anyone attempted this?

Thanks in advance

SlingShot

Maneuvering With Purpose
So, after scratch building my TT it hung on my wall for a week due to confidence issues on my part. I have been practicing with real flight 8 to build my confidence and it works.. If you dont have real flight ..get it !! My first flight with mt TT went as good as possible. I got a little risky on my third battery and crashed. Building up all edges with hot glue really helps in crashes and there was no major damage. Now after several flights and a few mishaps I am rebuilding the nose and rebuilding the power pod. I want to use my spare F pack motor. I am not sure if I should mount in on the angle side of the power pod for the thrust angle with the A pack motor, or mount it on the flat side. Has anyone attempted this?

Thanks in advance
You should use the same thrust angle that the TT uses (right thrust). The F pack motor won't change anything except the available power. Enjoy.

donalson

the A pack was very anemic on the TT... I flew it once or twice with the A pack then tossed on the F pack... even the F pack was a bit weak with a 3s... I now run something between the F pack and a B pack... a 2208 1400kv motor... on 2s it puts out 10-20% more thrust than the F pack on a 3s at almost twice the efficiency (aka much longer flight times)... on 3s it puts out twice the thrust and still more efficient...

as for thrust angle... the tiny trainer is honestly big enough on the wingspan it doesn't need it... on the 2208 motor I ditched the thrust angle...

I won't go back to the small motors... I am giving up about 30g or so...

Inzane121

the A pack was very anemic on the TT... I flew it once or twice with the A pack then tossed on the F pack... even the F pack was a bit weak with a 3s... I now run something between the F pack and a B pack... a 2208 1400kv motor... on 2s it puts out 10-20% more thrust than the F pack on a 3s at almost twice the efficiency (aka much longer flight times)... on 3s it puts out twice the thrust and still more efficient...

as for thrust angle... the tiny trainer is honestly big enough on the wingspan it doesn't need it... on the 2208 motor I ditched the thrust angle...

I won't go back to the small motors... I am giving up about 30g or so...

Good to know and thank you too! I love tinkering and since im scratch building these, a total loss isn't much of a loss. I appreciate the input.

donalson

Good to know and thank you too! I love tinkering and since im scratch building these, a total loss isn't much of a loss. I appreciate the input.

if you plan on making more try this out... it's a hybrid between the bloody fuse designs... even with the full length doublers it's a little lighter weight and much easier to make... I did put a small 2 stack of foam board at the front to limit how far the wing could go and two 5ish mm wide strips along the length of where the wing would sit to be a small saddle for the wing so the wing would sit flush with the dihedral...

plans where done by Calin Schepler on FT FB fan page
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Z5...CYKiEWKbsOhhB0pCuU0dCt8iHmyWgvLooXnJzNCMCkf1g

Rawdog90

I’m not sure of the A or F packs since I have never used them but the turnigy D2822 1450kv motor with a 7x5 prop is perfect for it. It’s also great for the scout and it is like 9$ from HK. Use a 3s 1300mah and you will be gold.