Tiny Whoop / Crazybee F4 Lite pairing questions

dansteeby

Hi all,

I'm on my 2nd Crazybee F4 Lite flight controller for a Tiny Whoop from Flite Test. The first one worked only once , and then I could not get it to pair to my RadioMaster T8 controller again. After a fair bit of troubleshooting, Flite Test swapped it out for a replacement.

The replacement immediately worked great. For one day. Today, supplying power to the FC results in it playing its startup sequence sounds, but then there is no 'beep beep beep' to let me know that it's trying to pair to a controller. Previously, this would happen and a light on the bottom of the board would blink until I powered on the controller and things got paired. Today there is no beeping and no blinking, and it is not pairing to my controller, which is the same issue I had with the first flight controller. Pressing the "Pair" button on the board doesn't seem to change this behavior in any way.

Can anyone suggest anything for me to try given this description of my issue? It seems really weird to me that 2 flight controllers both have displayed the exact same issue.

dansteeby

Thanks for the reply. Powering on the transmitter before powering on the Whoop does not change the result. With the transmitter powered on before the Whoop, the Whoop plays its startup tune and then a light on the bottom of the board goes solid red (I think that this LED usually blinks when it's trying to pair to something). Pressing the "Pair" button on the Whoop doesn't change the solid red light behavior, and attempts to pair don't seem to do anything. Yesterday if I powered on the Whoop before the transmitter the red LED would blink and it would play a 'beep beep beep' sound until the transmitter was turned on, at which point it paired and worked fine.

Bricks

Master member
Try holding the pair button before powering the FC ands see if it goes into bind mode, that is the way most ( some ) flight controllers are put into bind mode. Did you crash the quad at some point?

dansteeby

Holding the pair button while powering on the FC does not change the behavior or results. I haven't had the quad running long enough to crash it, having had maybe ~10 minutes of flight time on it before it stopped binding.

Bricks

Master member
I meant to say the bind button on the flight controller not the transmitter when plugging in the battery. Did you check batteries in the transmitter?

dansteeby

Hi and thanks again for the help. I was pressing the bind button on the flight controller while plugging the battery into the flight controller in my earlier tests, which I think is what you are suggesting. I'm using a RadioMaster T8 transmitter which came bundled with the Tiny Whoop, and I'm able to bind it with a Gremlin Guardian without problems, so I'm assuming it is working, and its rechargeable battery is fully charged. I'm not sure what "the right version Frsky SPI D8" means.... The transmitter is in D8 mode, that's about all I know, and I haven't plugged the Tiny Whoop's FC into Betaflight (or any other configurator) because that was the start of my problems with my first flight controller (knowing nothing about Betaflight, I immediately wiped its settings before I backed them up, causing all sorts of problems for myself). I'm a bit more familiar with Betaflight now, but I've also heard that the Whoop FC was set up using a different configurator, and I'm not sure if that would affect anything.

AIRFORGE

Make It Fly!
The brushed Tiny Whoop uses EmuFlight. Not sure about the brushless. It is possible that you will need to reload the default dump again. I had to do that for a friend on his brushless.

Bricks

Master member
SPI just stipulates it is a built in receiver. Why on earth would you connect a bind and fly to any software updater???????????? That is why it is called a bind and fly.

Bricks

Master member
The brushed Tiny Whoop uses EmuFlight. Not sure about the brushless. It is possible that you will need to reload the default dump again. I had to do that for a friend on his brushless.

There are a number of different software package's for Tiny Whoops, depends on what flight controller is used..