Tiny whoop gets less then a minute of flight!

Kflight17

Just bought myself an inductrix Brushless and I get less then a minute of flight time it’s less then a day old and I’m using 550 mah 50c packs brand new, I’ve heard people using jst connectors and that improves their flight time, also saw the low voltage cut off mod on YouTube for the brushed edition but is the resistor in the same spot to do that? Any input would be great!

BS projects inc.

Elite member
Chances are that there is an issues with the motherboard/flight controller. Most inefficiency are found there when it comes to flight time, I had the same thing happen with a tiny whoop and when I replaced the motherboard I got another 4 minutes of flight per battery.

Kflight17

It’s been like this since the first pack I ran through it I bought 4 brand new batteries the same day as well so everything is 100% new I know it might be older but I’m charging them at .6 amps on the eflite Celectra chargers with new connectors on those chargers as well

Kflight17

When I plug it in it says 4.1 volts on the osd but it’ll drop to 3.8 on initial take off and after a minute of flight it’ll sometimes drop down to 3.1 volts but I think that reading is wrong

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
When I plug it in it says 4.1 volts on the osd but it’ll drop to 3.8 on initial take off and after a minute of flight it’ll sometimes drop down to 3.1 volts but I think that reading is wrong

Sounds like the originals with the bad connectors and to thin wires.

Kflight17

Sounds like the originals with the bad connectors and to thin wires.
It’s has the 2.0 bigger connectors on it I’ve literally only had it for a day and the batteries have less then 2 cycles on them I was going to try the lvc mod but I’m not sure if the bl boards resistor is in the same spot or if I just need the jst connectors in the first place I’m averaging about 1 minute 20 seconds

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Connectors and more importantly mass produced main wire crimping can cause a high resistance thus more current draw

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Keep investigating the low cutoff mod and take a good look at the main power wires and upgrade if it looks wonky or weak.

Just changing the main wire to heavier gauge and going xt30 on my gremlin got me from 2.5 min flights to 8 to 10 minutes

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
Can you post the specific model? 550 mAh batteries seem awfully large for most of the Inductrix models; i’m wondering if the weight of the battery is causing part of the issue. At the very least, I can exercise my Google Fu skills and see if I can dig up some info. 😁

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
Can you post the specific model? 550 mAh batteries seem awfully large for most of the Inductrix models; i’m wondering if the weight of the battery is causing part of the issue. At the very least, I can exercise my Google Fu skills and see if I can dig up some info. 😁

That was my first thought as well, but this is the brushless model and Horizon recommends a 500mAh battery. I can't see 550's being that much heavier.