tiny whoop SE setup issues

flensr

Hello,

Sorry if this isn't the right forum, I haven't been here long...

I just got the FT tiny whoop SE (full kit) and I have 2 setup questions. First, how do I switch it from angle to acro mode? Does that have to be done with betaflight? Which leads to my second question, I can't get betaflight to work on my computer. It keeps saying it can't find the serial port or something like that. I installed some drivers which are supposed to let it find the usb ports but it still doesn't work. Do I need to keep working on getting betaflight to work in order to change the mode?

Also, are the default switch mappings and general settings posted anywhere for the FT tiny whoop SE when purchased with the full kit on the flite test store including the goggles and controller? I would like to know how it's set up now, before I go changing anything.

Thanks!

Tench745

Master member
I too just got at Tiny Whoop SE and have been having some of the same questions. I might be able to answer one of yours though. The flight controller isn't flashed with betaflight, it has emuflight installed, which might be causing some of your difficulty in connecting to your computer.
Edited 7/5/22 to be used for quick reference.

As for channel mapping, I have determined that it is AETR:
Ch1: Ailerons
Ch2:Elevator
Ch3: Throttle
Ch4: Rudder
Ch5: Arm switch
Ch6: Mode (motor power)

No other switches are assigned in the stock configuration.

I have the stock configuration backed up in a txt file in case anyone needs it.

Last edited:

nymtber

To add to the above:

Ch6: mode switch.

However, at least on mine, emuflight was set up so that both modes are active at all times. Not sure why that is? I changed it and it seems to hover better in either mode, "fpv angle" seems a bit less touchy, and does have different rates from what I can tell.

Now to find time to fly in the house. Last night was too nice outside and I was busy putting battery after battery through the Night Vapor. SUCH a fun, relaxing little plane on calm nights.

Tench745

Master member
Yes, I finally got my board plugged into emuflight. Ch 6 mode switch changes the rate profile to reduces the rates and motor output for mild-to-wild flying. Angle mode is always active.

AIRFORGE

Make It Fly!
Anyone have the default FT Tiny Whoop SE tune? A friend may have wiped his settings somehow, and I'd like to reload it for him, if I can get the default setup. Thanks!

Tench745

Master member
Anyone have the default FT Tiny Whoop SE tune? A friend may have wiped his settings somehow, and I'd like to reload it for him, if I can get the default setup. Thanks!
Here's what I pulled off my whoop before I started tweaking it. I can't guarantee I backed everything up correctly because this is the first time I used Emuflight. If this isn't right I'm willing to bet FT customer service could get the right thing to you.

Attachments

• EMUF stock Tiny_Whoop.txt
    19.5 KB · Views: 0

AIRFORGE

Make It Fly!
Here's what I pulled off my whoop before I started tweaking it. I can't guarantee I backed everything up correctly because this is the first time I used Emuflight. If this isn't right I'm willing to bet FT customer service could get the right thing to you.
Thanks, @Tench745 ! Much appreciated! I'll give it a try. I'm contacting support as well.

AIRFORGE

Make It Fly!

So, Wes at FT Support sent me the SE default dump. I compared the dump you posted with the one I received from Wes, and there are some differences in the #rateprofile settings. Not sure if it's enough to make a big difference, but I attached it if you want a default dump for a backup, or want to compare it to yours.

Attachments

• FT Tiny Whoop SE Default DUMP.txt
    19.5 KB · Views: 0

Tench745

Master member
So, Wes at FT Support sent me the SE default dump. I compared the dump you posted with the one I received from Wes, and there are some differences in the #rateprofile settings. Not sure if it's enough to make a big difference, but I attached it if you want a default dump for a backup, or want to compare it to yours.

Hey, thanks! I poked a thing or two but thought I reset it all before I dumped mine. This will be handy to have.

Aerospacechannel

Just incase anyone is looking here because you were dumb like me, and erased your drones flight settings, here's the UPDATED FILE that will work with version 4.3 of beta flight:

Attachments

• FT+TW+Dump+02.15.23+239pmMT.txt
    29.3 KB · Views: 0