Tinyhawk upgrades and quick questions..

Icecool988

Hey there everyone,

Im trying an upgrade to a new vtx and camera, turbo Eos2, and Wolfwhoop Piggy-TX FPV Transmitter 25/200mW.

Is this going to work out? Any good resources on what I'm doing, or any common traps or common mistakes?

Also as you can see in the pictures one of my motor connectors broke off so I started to just take the rest of them off and prep the wires to connect directly, but then started the second guessing myself so quit halfway through

Is this a good idea should I leave it out is, take off for off, or at the new connectors for the two that I removed, I'm a bit conflicted in Stuck in the Middle.

Last thing, I have a bunch of these addressable neopixel LEDs, has anybody used these in any way that works out? I know they usually need an arduino etc.. But can the flight controller issue basic commands and a little voltage... Or is this just a bad idea?

Thanks!

Attachments

• 20200603_071722.jpg
    20200603_071722.jpg
    690.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 20200603_070623.jpg
    20200603_070623.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 20200603_065957.jpg
    20200603_065957.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0

"Corpse"

Legendary member
Hey there everyone,

Im trying an upgrade to a new vtx and camera, turbo Eos2, and Wolfwhoop Piggy-TX FPV Transmitter 25/200mW.

Is this going to work out? Any good resources on what I'm doing, or any common traps or common mistakes?

Also as you can see in the pictures one of my motor connectors broke off so I started to just take the rest of them off and prep the wires to connect directly, but then started the second guessing myself so quit halfway through

Is this a good idea should I leave it out is, take off for off, or at the new connectors for the two that I removed, I'm a bit conflicted in Stuck in the Middle.

Last thing, I have a bunch of these addressable neopixel LEDs, has anybody used these in any way that works out? I know they usually need an arduino etc.. But can the flight controller issue basic commands and a little voltage... Or is this just a bad idea?

Thanks!
I have a tinyhawk freestyle, which has the same board as yours. It really doesn't matter with the motors whether it is soldered or connected. As long as you're good at soldering go for it!

I found that the best way to mount a piggy VTX is to have it nuzzled up next to the USB connector. Just mount it with some sticky tape and you'll be golden!

As for the LED's, I don't think you can. There might be a way that you can use the extra UART's as LED pads, but I don't know. You should do some research, because that would be so cool!

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
Betaflight can control those LED's. If your board has an LED pad you connect the signal wire to that and daisy chain from there. If it doesn't have an LED pad, you can probably remap something else, though not everything works, you'll have to dig deeper in the docs.

Icecool988

Thanks everyone,

I got everything installed the camera and the VTX soldered all the motor directly and got it all reassembled and no dice.

It lights up, the power is reading 5v
ok, I took it apart and tested every thing, the power is right it's getting 5 volts I see 3.3 volts on the video out wire, just a flickering black screen flicker on both goggles..

So close.. But I'm pretty stuck, not sure where to go from here with troubleshooting. Maybe I should just buy one of the more popular eachine vtx?

Attachments

• 20200604_022733.jpg
    20200604_022733.jpg
    817.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 20200604_024928.jpg
    20200604_024928.jpg
    1,007.1 KB · Views: 0

"Corpse"

Legendary member
Big update, I looked at the board and found there is an LED pad on the underside of the board. You can do LED's!