Help! Tips for Cutting Double Bevels for Wing Foldovers

leaded50

Legendary member
I'm new at doing the foamboard thing and I'm hoping the group might have some tips or tricks to share on cutting bevels. More specifically...

I'm having trouble with doing the double bevels for the part of the wings that fold under. I can't seem to get a shallow enough cut (it bends around but still needs about 45 more degrees of bend to lay flat). Also I keep cutting into the paper at the leading edge.

If anyone has any tips I would really appreciate it! Thanks in advance for any advice!

- first, the bevel cut is said approx 45 degree, not more, it shouldnt easy get to lay flat. Reason is to get a more rounded outside leading edge, not a sharp angled one. The bigger degree its cut in, the less is the "rounding".
-second, if you bend it over (as FT also does on all videos) the "inside over ouside"/other way than should be, its easy see whats needed cut away (whats foam, whats paper) and not as easy cut into outer paper.

- first, the bevel cut is said approx 45 degree, not more, it shouldnt easy get to lay flat. Reason is to get a more rounded outside leading edge, not a sharp angled one. The bigger degree its cut in, the less is the "rounding".
-second, if you bend it over (as FT also does on all videos) the "inside over ouside"/other way than should be, its easy see whats needed cut away (whats foam, whats paper) and not as easy cut into outer paper.
You don’t need it to lay flat just a 90 degree angle and gradually push it down with you’re arms.

Kilo Kilo

draw lines 1/4" on either side of the bend line. Score cut and fold the foam back. Now line up your blade along one of the 1/4" offset lines and the paper crease. This gives enough of an angle to fold the leading edge over and helps keep the edge of your cut straight. Hope this makes sense and I know this is a couple weeks old at this point.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-09-02 223713.png
    Screenshot 2021-09-02 223713.png
    29.8 KB · Views: 0