• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

tips for juniors coming from a junior

firstly i am 13 years of age and have been in the hobby for 1 year, and hear are my tips that i have learnt.:cool:
1: make sure all decals are firmly secured on aircraft and that they are not peeling
2: make sure you know how to use lipos and have an understanding of electric flight. this can come in handy:)
3: make sure batery is secured
4: for your first aircraft, it is handy to have a stearable wheel, for it can mean the diference between a good take off and a bad one.
hope this was helpful

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Also remember to check that your center of gravity is ok, and that the control surfaces move in the right direction.

4: for your first aircraft, it is handy to have a stearable wheel, for it can mean the diference between a good take off and a bad one.
hope this was helpful
Unless you hand launch it :D

And Colorex is right, and that's probably The most important thing. =D
I'm 14 and been in the hobby about 1.5yrs and I scratchbuild a lot and that's very important. :)

Fensone

Master of the stock AXN
I'm 13 too and by my experience from 3 active years of flying, i can say that all tips above is probably the most important ones.

Colorex, yes that's true too, i think i have a huge checklist i go over before flight and that is the first one ;)

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
ALWAYS check your radio to make sure you have the correct model selected if you have more than one profile programmed into it.

Thurmond

dadi3

I'm 14 and I've been in this hobby for 5 years. I started with classic build planes and one year ago I discovered Flitetest. I think that it's also very important to check your controls before flight (talking from experience).

Foam Addict

Squirrel member
I am 16 and have been in the hobby for 3 years.
I knew very little on RC planes until David Windestal fell in to my computer's youtube suggestions!
Dadi3: Oh Yeah! I wrecked a Sky Raider Mach 2 by failing to check my Ailerons:rolleyes:
My big tip, Make sure to turn on a pusher's motor AFTER you throw it!:p
Foam Addict.

Last edited: