Titan Y6 Motor layout help

tjmartin

Hello everyone,

I am in the process of converting my Titan Tricopter over to a Y6 configuration and I had a few questions. I am using the KK board loaded with the latest Stevies and it shows all motors on top spinning CW and lower motors spinning CCW. I have directly wired all motors to the esc's and in the CW rotation because once you mount the lower motors upside down they are then spinning CCW. Would this be a correct assumption? I am probably over thinking this but I am new to the coaxial motor layout. In various other places on the net they also show that the lower props get mounted upside down so if there is any logo's they would be facing up. Would this be correct?

Thank for your help in advance.

PHugger

Church Meal Expert
Why would you want to mess up a perfectly good Titan?
(just kidding)

The top and bottom props counter rotate -
Looking from the top at each arm, one spins CW and one CCW.

Most FCs want two on the top spinning one way and one spinning the other (mirror for the bottom) just like a normal tricopter. Some want them all spinning in the same direction. It depends on what your FC is expecting.
Make sure all of the prop have the lettering facing up (bottom props are upside down).

3853172_orig.jpg

y6-motor-rotation-and-order-diagram.png

Best regards,
PCH

tjmartin

Thank you sir for your reply. I love the Titan however I am looking to carry a larger camera and a little more motor redundancy which is why I wanted to convert to a Y6. You answered my question about the prop (Thank You) but i am still confused by the motor rotation. Looking at the image above with motor 2&3, am I correct that once a motor is mounted upside down that it is CCW?

PHugger

Church Meal Expert
This is hard to describe. Those diagrams are all looking from the top down.
The motors counter rotate. Looking at one arm from the top, one rotates CW and one CCW.
You need to get the motors to spin the correct way when mounted - one right side up and one upside down.
It's very confusing.

I'm hoping to put a 2 axis gimbal on my Titan Tri with a GoPro.
I'm thinking it should work acceptably for an occasional AP platform.

Good luck with your Y6 and post your progress here so we can all learn!

Best regards,
PCH

tjmartin

I have the 2 axis gimble as well and it does work pretty good for the GoPro. Thanks again for the help and I will post the progress. :)

PHugger

Church Meal Expert
You could also try writing Zach at Fortis Airframes.
He doesn't have the assembly instructions up for the Y6 yet (coming soon), but I bet he would answer any questions.

Best regards,
PCH