Toaster Plane Inspiration

Fuzzy Whumpkin

Just wondering if it would be possible to modify the switch thing that david rigged up to turn on the toaster so that you could have multiple on-board charged batteries you could switch between to extend flight time? Seems like you could have several battery packs allowing for crazy long flight times!!! I'm also curious how the wirign/switch system would work, even just hypothetically....

also - are there build plans available for the inverted gullwing wing (as in, w/o a toaster attached)?

localfiend

I like 3D printers...
Mentor
Just wondering if it would be possible to modify the switch thing that david rigged up to turn on the toaster so that you could have multiple on-board charged batteries you could switch between to extend flight time? Seems like you could have several battery packs allowing for crazy long flight times!!! I'm also curious how the wirign/switch system would work, even just hypothetically....

also - are there build plans available for the inverted gullwing wing (as in, w/o a toaster attached)?

It could be done, but there's no need. If you want to use multiple battery packs, you can wire them in parallel without the need for a switch.

foampeel.jpg

Fuzzy Whumpkin

If you want to use multiple battery packs, you can wire them in parallel without the need for a switch.

So... just want to be sure I understand how this is working - rather than having 2 1000 mAh batteries on board, and draining one, then the other (i know, don't drain lipos, just go with it)to get 2000 mAh output, you'd just drain both of them at 1/2 the "normal" rate, getting the same 2000 mAh output, right?

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
So... just want to be sure I understand how this is working - rather than having 2 1000 mAh batteries on board, and draining one, then the other (i know, don't drain lipos, just go with it)to get 2000 mAh output, you'd just drain both of them at 1/2 the "normal" rate, getting the same 2000 mAh output, right?

Yep. Think of it like having bigger cells with more mAH (if wired in parallel) or like having more cells of the same capacity (if wired in series - this gets you more volts).