Todays Flying

pgerts

Old age member
Mentor
Slightly better weather today than last weekend.
111204-04.JPG

The E-hawk with its slim airfoil is a lot easyer to fly today than a trainer or 3D. Temperature was about 2 C (35 F) and the winter tyres went on the car this morning.

earthsciteach

Yesterday was beautiful here in south central Pennsylvania! Temps were in the high 50's (F) and winds were 3 mph tops. Lots of sun. I flew the Spitfire and had a great time. But, I had too many other projects I needed to work on, so I couldn't spend any more time flying.

Today's weather is exactly the same. And I have to grade stacks of papers for school. I HATE grading!

pgerts

Old age member
Mentor
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
111231-01.JPG

Sorry - the camera will not focus as fast as i need to take the picture. You can spot a Spectra motorglider as a dark spot behind 2 "stars". Minus 3 celcius, no wind and sunshine - a perfect day.

Ak Flyer

Fly the wings off
Mentor
I'm visiting family in Fairbanks and it's -30deg F. I love winter flying especially cub on floats in the snow but it's a bit too cold even for Alaskans.

I liked your pictures. Looks like you guys have a lot of fun. Google was nice enough to translate your page so I actually had an idea of what was being said :D

pgerts

Old age member
Mentor
Sorry - no onboard cameras and no videos, a camera in the pocket is normally with me to get some pictures to the club web-log.
The flying and chatting at the field is more fun than working with editing - i want the pictures and daily comments up in a few minutes.

pgerts

Old age member
Mentor
Strong winds from north - cold weather.
I prefer indoor work but the kids are playing in the sun.
120114-05.JPG 120114-02.JPG 120114-03.JPG 120114-04.JPG

pgerts

Old age member
Mentor
It has been raining, snowing and blowing the last days - but today is fine with sunshine and a short trip to the field with the dogs and a plane.
Look what i found - a scratch built depron plane with 3 motors.
120122-02.JPG

pgerts

Old age member
Mentor
We have had some cold sunny days with high pressure. The air pressure has been record high and some aircraft have been grounded because the altimeter was out of calibration range!
Today is 12 C (21F) warmer with -6C than yesterday with -18C (0F). The snow that is coming is like powder and skis are not useful until the snow has compressed a little. Tossing the plane at start and landing soft.....
120205-01-.JPG 120205-02.JPG

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
Took a vid or two yesterday. We have had little snow this winter and some beautiful winter days.

Supercub bomb drops - some t45s - and a beast

Oh the Beast is such a wonderful plane. My son and I were able to fly today while we are at my daughters dance competition in Florida. It was sure nice to fly and not be frozen!

fwa2500

Ramp Rat
maidened my DR.1 in 6-8kt winds...about 7kts is its max speed as it turns out, when the wind peaked i was flying backwards, haha

img20120206104717.jpg

also ran a few more batteries through the mini swift as the sun went down. i really like this thing :D

img20120206175916.jpg

img20120206175936.jpg

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
Bought an old GWS Corsair from a friend today. Didn't fly that great. Rolled real well to the right, real poor to the left. the servo arm broke ;) Flew almost the whole pack fighting with the trim. i think this is going to be a fun plane!

Remembered the parachute guys this weekend. got some serious hang time with those dudes. Too much fun.
I'll post a vid if I can find it.

Had to take my coat off- gorgeous day for February!