toilet paper drop

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Welcome to the forums!

Are you thinking for like a competition or a build off? Or are you wondering how to do it?

dslyr

I have an idea how to build one that I think would work, but was looking for proven drawings. You run with a competition or build off if you want to. I like your energy and thought process. I'm just looking for something proven with the bugs out. I'm 73 years old and have used most of my fire up. I said most:).

FDS

Elite member
You could drop that out of a mini Guinea or big Guinea, both have a simple servo operated door. Speedbuild kits are available to save cutting out, neither is hard to build or fly. You can do differential thrust but it’s not required.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!

FT did this already from a quad so that mechanism is proven. Mod it for a fixed wing. But why would you in this day and age with all the issues this hobby is facing do something like this to draw attention to yourself and the hobby. Specially at age 73.

mach1 rc

Master member

FT did this already from a quad so that mechanism is proven. Mod it for a fixed wing. But why would you in this day and age with all the issues this hobby is facing do something like this to draw attention to yourself and the hobby. Specially at age 73.
That's cool

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
I have an idea how to build one that I think would work, but was looking for proven drawings. You run with a competition or build off if you want to. I like your energy and thought process. I'm just looking for something proven with the bugs out. I'm 73 years old and have used most of my fire up. I said most:).
Oh ok i wasn't sure on the intent, there wasn't much info to go on with your first post. First thing I though of when you asked about plans and a mechanism was like others have said, you could build either of the Guinea Pigs to achieve this.

Do you already have a plane built for it and just want to add a drop mechanism to it or are you asking to build a plane that is capable?

dslyr

You think too much of yourself.And definitely ask too many questions. This was a search for drawings of a toilet paper drop. I've got a mother and wife to play 20 questions with.
This is going to be used on our local flying club grounds.You drop the TP and try to cut it as it falls. A fun thing you know. You guys with the drones are the ones that are hurting the RC scene.
You are are as young as you feel pal. 73 is young with the right mind set.TRULY SORRY I ASKED. I was thinking there would be some cool guys on here.

whackflyer

Master member
You think too much of yourself.And definitely ask too many questions. This was a search for drawings of a toilet paper drop. I've got a mother and wife to play 20 questions with.
This is going to be used on our local flying club grounds.You drop the TP and try to cut it as it falls. A fun thing you know. You guys with the drones are the ones that are hurting the RC scene.
You are are as young as you feel pal. 73 is young with the right mind set.TRULY SORRY I ASKED. I was thinking there would be some cool guys on here.
If it's on your club grounds, and the rest of your club approves of it, go for it! Build a guinea pig or something similar and have fun!

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Man, If we would have had drones back in the day. LOL! The mayor in our town actually allowed TPing as long as it was not destructive. Could have really layed down a precise TPing and hit some of those really high spots with a little precision control!

Cheers!
LitterBug.

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
TRULY SORRY I ASKED. I was thinking there would be some cool guys on here.
Ok man I didn't mean to step on your toes there, was just trying to help being that your avatar has a "NEW Member" suffix under it. Most people tend to be grateful for getting the attention to the topic at hand, I guess you aren't one of those people. I will move on to the ones that appreciate the experience that others have to offer, hence the main principle behind being in a forum.

P.S. If I was you I wouldn't openly go knocking down drone pilots in here either. It's people with your attitude who sensationalize the apparent and misplaced fear and negativity towards drones... Bro! You might just get yourself reported. Have a nice day (y):cool:(y)

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Well.. so much for trying to preserve the hobby.. You asked a question about something usually associated with delinquency with ZERO details and when you get random responses you dont like you rip on people and blame drone pilots. Maybe instead of using the tp to drop for fun you could pad your butt with it so its not so hurt.

People here are into all kinds of RC fun some dont care what you do and some will put forth an effort to maybe direct people away from things that may make the hobby or themselves look bad.

Anyway thats a sad response from a 73 year old man. Its the guys like you that made the drone pilots have to go rogue because of the hostility you old timers present to anyone and everyone that didnt spend 3 years and a ton of money scratch building a balsa plane just so they can go to your fields, be ignored by the "old guys" and crash it their first outing.

So basically its people thinking like you that has destroyed the hobby not us "drone pilots"

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Well.. so much for trying to preserve the hobby.. You asked a question about something usually associated with delinquency with ZERO details and when you get random responses you dont like you rip on people and blame drone pilots. Maybe instead of using the tp to drop for fun you could pad your butt with it so its not so hurt.

People here are into all kinds of RC fun some dont care what you do and some will put forth an effort to maybe direct people away from things that may make the hobby or themselves look bad.

Anyway thats a sad response from a 73 year old man. Its the guys like you that made the drone pilots have to go rogue because of the hostility you old timers present to anyone and everyone that didnt spend 3 years and a ton of money scratch building a balsa plane just so they can go to your fields, be ignored by the "old guys" and crash it their first outing.

So basically its people thinking like you that has destroyed the hobby not us "drone pilots"
Thank you sir, couldn't have said it better myself. Being a public forum I was biting my tongue, holding back the devils advocate. Lets sit back and see what other kind of attention this "Old Timers" uncivilized, unwarranted response gets. This might be fun to follow now... I'll get the popcorn :LOL::ROFLMAO:

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
I wouldnt advise too much provocation. I just came off a 3 week ban for getting too into that kind of fun.
It's funny this is like the third or fourth time this has been an issue, I seem to attract it like a magnet for some reason. I am done with it. Way to step up though, I figured someone would.

dslyr

Your comments sir are unwarranted. A drawing. A drawing. A simple set of hand drawn drwgs. would have been sufficient. Anything else is unwarranted. I've watched a lot of Josh's videos.Bought some planes from him. I thought he would have a better forum going than this. Go ahead fill up with your soap box tripe. This was a one time search for me. I believe your tripe writing is what you live for. Put on whatever you want.God forbid it being a drawing of a TP drop because I won't see it .I'm gone

Hondo76251

Legendary member
e31.jpg

@dslyr this is one of the better forums I've found, especially for fixed wing. Everyone is just on edge due to draconian regulations threatening our entire hobby. No one wants to see fuel added to the fire. No harm meant.

I for one think a tp drop sounds like a blast.

I'd just use a servo mounted on the side with a rubber band to old the payload load on. I would think if the band were sort of pre stretched to one side it would impart enough spin to the roll to unravel during free fall...

Was looking for a picture, maybe I'll come up with it in a bit...