Tolmekian Micro RC tank

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
I just started in on the Tolmekian tank.
It is a micro 2 srervo design designed to work on free channels in your RC reciever and go have some on-the-ground fun

Inspiration & Project goals
I wanted an RC tank to be able to roll our of the Tolmekian Bumblecrow.
TormekianTank.jpg nausicaa21.JPG
and the Tiny FPV Tanks on Thingiverse is calling me.
Plans
PlanB1.0pic.PNG

Build process
Plan, cut, glue...
275506_1ab90f6c7211a405ad255a3dda698c74_thumb.jpg
275514_912633f5f7481e389f8501f70e7e3714_thumb.jpg

Maiden voyage video

Attachments

• TolmekianMicroTankvB1.0.pdf
    24.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

FoamyDM

this is one and a very easy way. just get your Small screwdriver for this one.
the last gear has a pin sticking down which interferes causing it to stop. Remove the pin. and full rotations abound. (and mess with the pot)

Last edited:

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
These new servos I ordered don’t seem like they have an end point. I can rotate the arm as many times around as I want. Overall not too pleased with the quality and won’t get them again. They don’t turn 360 on the plane though...

FoamyDM

These new servos I ordered don’t seem like they have an end point. I can rotate the arm as many times around as I want. Overall not too pleased with the quality and won’t get them again. They don’t turn 360 on the plane though...
Some may not have a lock , but have something in the pot, noting shaft angle and providing feedback.

From the videos - In a nut shell:
  • Glue the POT (potentiometer) in the Neutral position (so it doesn't feed a signal back to the controller.)
  • Remove the key, pin or lock on the gear over the pot engaging the pot shaft
  • restore the servo to how it was. Viola!

FoamyDM

By using this method on the tank tracks using an elevon setup. I wonder if the throttle/rudder stick could operate a turret?😕😏 I kinda wanna try this.
Exactly what I was planning... Except the other way.... Throttle and rudder for travel, and aileron for turret, with elevator controls for firing :p

FoamyDM

I found my Dremel. And finally fixed up the servos (12g metal ones.) It took three to get two working right
Now the tread guides.
IMG_20200124_032142224.jpg IMG_20200124_032121913.jpg
Note that the servo arm is glued in and ready to be screwed in.
IMG_20200124_032217936.jpg
almost there

FoamyDM

yeah yeah...:rolleyes:. Thank you for the link:D. I plan to tighten up a few things before I start printing, And I will. I wanted to see if I could do this FoamyDM style. all DTFB. also my test print shows that I have a leakage issue.

Remember this is to put a couple in an RC Plane the BumbleCrow.... use the Spare channels (5-6) to power the tank (elevon to those channel settings should work). So.. Fly, Land, disembark, take off again.
or fly, Air drop and them. Then roll them out from "behind enemy lines all with 6 channels.

Does that 1/16 scale on shoot stuff or just run the cat's tails over (if the stayed put)?

FoamyDM

How to Make a 360 rotating servo.
On the TowerPro MG90S
1. Zero out your servo. <-doing this step after is Hella hard. *ask me how I know*
2. superglue the potentiometer (pot.) in place. (I quickened with Baking soda.) *otherwise you undo your previous step.*
3. cut off the limiter knob on the last big gear (same as with plastic 9g).
4, cut off the flat section of the shaft going into the pot. (I think in the 9g servo drill out the gears above the pot. to they move freely.)
1579898786490.png
1579898948092.png

At this point I have just to assemble.

Last edited:

Qwenther

One thing you could do if you didn't already is hot glue the treads like you would the control surfaces on one of your planes. Use the same method that josh uses on his elevators, ailerons, etc. A thin bead of glue squeegeed into the foam and paper, it might be time consuming though. Also shrink the distance between score cuts, smaller size = less flex (less potential for breakage).

FoamyDM

One thing you could do if you didn't already is hot glue the treads like you would the control surfaces on one of your planes. Use the same method that josh uses on his elevators, ailerons, etc. A thin bead of glue squeegeed into the foam and paper, it might be time consuming though. Also shrink the distance between score cuts, smaller size = less flex (less potential for breakage).
Exactly what I want gonna try. Great minds think alike. I got impatient.