Took the leap into EDF

JustPlaneChris

Hey folks! Recently I took the leap into EDF planes, and I'm having a blast (pun intended). :D
While I do have a scratch built DTFB EDF in progress, my first two are store-bought foamies. First one was the Arrows Hobby 50mm Viper. Great little plane, horrible color scheme! Here's the stock colors:

stockviper.jpg

And here's mine. You can also see I added a functional rudder, which is fun. This little guy does great tumbles and snap rolls!

MyViper.jpg

After getting my feet wet and deciding I liked EDFs, I ordered an FMS 70mm Avanti. The maiden flight went well, but again... I did not like the stock color scheme:

AvantiBefore.jpg

Today I finished the repaint, and even installed some VGs on the outer wing panels.

avanti7.jpg

Wing and stabilizer bottoms are black. I think my old man eyes should be able to see that better. :)

Chris

The Fopster

Master member
Hey folks! Recently I took the leap into EDF planes, and I'm having a blast (pun intended). :D
While I do have a scratch built DTFB EDF in progress, my first two are store-bought foamies. First one was the Arrows Hobby 50mm Viper. Great little plane, horrible color scheme! Here's the stock colors:

View attachment 200233

And here's mine. You can also see I added a functional rudder, which is fun. This little guy does great tumbles and snap rolls!

View attachment 200232

After getting my feet wet and deciding I liked EDFs, I ordered an FMS 70mm Avanti. The maiden flight went well, but again... I did not like the stock color scheme:

View attachment 200234

Today I finished the repaint, and even installed some VGs on the outer wing panels.

View attachment 200235

Wing and stabilizer bottoms are black. I think my old man eyes should be able to see that better. :)

Chris
That Viper looks particularly good. Really nice plane and love the colour scheme!

JustPlaneChris

Thanks guys! Although I can't really take credit for "paint work", since the only paint is the base white and black. The colors are sign vinyl!

As for the FB project, right now I'm working on an EDF version of the FT Delta. I've done a 3D printed exhaust pipe, and also an inlet (dual and single). Not sure if I'll use either of the inlets, or just use the bell mouth on the EDF and box in a fuselage. It's all made up as I go, so the pictures you are about to see may or may not represent the finished product. ;)

Deltasingle.jpg

Deltadual.jpg