Toolbox of tools for a miniquad build

Wishy

Muse from heaven
Hello all,
I am thinking about building a versacopter, and am wondering how many tools i'd actually need if i want to build, fly, and repair it, and all other little accessories that are easy to forget like velcro, heatshrink....
Thanks a lot!

razor02097

Rogue Drone Pilot
It will really depend on what you want. You could fit everything to literally build a multirotor in a big tool pouch. But think realistically and bring what would be useful.

Most DIY multirotors can be assembled with 1 or 2 tools. Usually an allen key and a wrench. One of the things to add would be a tool to install and remove props. Depending on your motors it will be a dowel or another wrench.

For repairs.. a spare ESC, motor, prop adapters, servo connectors, and a bunch of spare props is what I carry. Really things that might get caught in the props and get destroyed or dropped and lost. The motor and ESC is a bit excessive maybe but I have had an ESC just blow up before...(Although I definitely overloaded it) You can carry spare crash parts too but IMO if I crash hard enough to need frame parts I want to disassemble the whole thing and inspect for hidden damage.

Wishy

Muse from heaven
Heya, thanks
I was wondering about soldering, if i should keep the bullet connectors and buy a presoddered naze or get an iron and learn how to solder?( A cheqp one of course, I wouldnt be part of the ft community if i wasnt "frugal") :)

razor02097

Rogue Drone Pilot
Heya, thanks
I was wondering about soldering, if i should keep the bullet connectors and buy a presoddered naze or get an iron and learn how to solder?( A cheqp one of course, I wouldnt be part of the ft community if i wasnt "frugal") :)

Soldering is a wonderful skill to have. I would highly suggest learning how to do it. You don't really need an expensive soldering iron for most of the time. You mainly need something that will solder wires to other wires and wires to ESCs. If you are a novice the pre soldered Naze32 or having someone solder up the Naze would be a good idea. The pins are pretty small and you don't want a cold solder joint on your control boards.

Wishy

Muse from heaven
All right, thanks a lot
I'm thinking about the zmr 250 frame, so witch one would you recommending?
With a taranis and all the tools i arrive at a 450 $ total, i know everyone loves the zmr 250, but it's a tad smaller and the pdb isnt that well organised
What's your thoughts on the subject?

Ocean

All right, thanks a lot
I'm thinking about the zmr 250 frame, so witch one would you recommending?
With a taranis and all the tools i arrive at a 450 $ total, i know everyone loves the zmr 250, but it's a tad smaller and the pdb isnt that well organised
What's your thoughts on the subject?

Taranis is brilliant radio.

ZMR250 is also a great frame in my opinon. People have said some good things about the FPVModels ZMR250 V2, but the PDB is supposed to be not that great.

Wishy

Muse from heaven
I would buy a versacopter, but I would have to ship it to Hong kong
I would want a good pdb, since i like to build things but would not want to complicate the building process
Do you have another frame proposition in the 250-280 class?
Thanks