Tools

Brian fred carr

Site Moderator
Mentor
Looks nice, but a lot of cash for something you could make yourself with some croc clips,pipe cleaners and some Plasticine!!!!

themajik1

Monkey/Bear Poker
Mentor
Okay guys, let's post a pic or a list of the must haves for electric plane tool kits. I will post pics of what I have later as I am just taking a quick break at work and was trolling the forums to see what is going on. Hope to get some ideas from everyone else and maybe you guys get some ideas from my setup as well!!!

ananas1301

Crazy flyer/crasher :D
GOOD! With that I mean tools with a certain quality! Many low cost tools are crap because the simply round up the shapes of the screws and finally screw you up because you can´t get the screw out anymore.

So whoever wants to find good tools should invest some money in them definitely. Mine are cheap ones from a german electronics shop called conrad and they work just fine.

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
This is in my must have pile. Don't spend a bunch of money on these- $2.49 brings great bang for the buck.

http://www.harborfreight.com/helping-hands-319.html

image_18418.jpg

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
Some sort of Dremel type rotor tool too. I don't think it needs to be Dremel brand. I have one from Craftsman that works well and I have had for a long time. The corded versions of these tools seem to be preferable to the cordless versions.
I use these things for cutting shafts, cutting control rods, cutting sheet metal, wood, plastic. The most adaptable tool I have found is the reinforced cutting wheels.

http://www.sears.com/craftsman-2.0-amp-rotary-tool-kit/p-00961120000P

Rcplaneguy

Minnesota Flyer
Some sort of Dremel type rotor tool too. I don't think it needs to be Dremel brand. I have one from Craftsman that works well and I have had for a long time. The corded versions of these tools seem to be preferable to the cordless versions.
I use these things for cutting shafts, cutting control rods, cutting sheet metal, wood, plastic. The most adaptable tool I have found is the reinforced cutting wheels.

http://www.sears.com/craftsman-2.0-amp-rotary-tool-kit/p-00961120000P

HK's version! ---> http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__10489__160W_Dremel_Style_hand_tool_w_33pc_set_110V.html

themajik1

Monkey/Bear Poker
Mentor
Here is the tools that I have...

IMG_0171.JPG
IMG_0173.JPG
This is a Fire safe Box from Sentry that I keep my lipo's in

IMG_0175.JPG
This is my tool box, it keeps moisture out.

IMG_0176.JPG
As you can see I have a power converter, chargers, screw drivers, tape, CA, accelerator, 2 part epoxies, soldering iron, pliers, allan wrenches, and under the tray is:

IMG_0178.JPG
A Plano box with servos, control horns, control rods, Xacto set, z bend pliers, more tape, props, landing gear off of my T-28 (LOL), extra reciever, y harness, and servo extensions.

The cart I use is from Wal-Mart and cost $15.99... It even comes with the bungee cords!

Hope you like, I am just building my tool collection.

Let me know what you think! And thanks up front!!!

PTRogers85

One 2 FLY
@themajik1 Nice set up! I like your idea of the Fire Proof Box, it really gives you peace of mind. (I should have bought one on Black Friday, bc they were half off LOL)

ananas1301

Crazy flyer/crasher :D
@themajik1 thats a big box!

Nice tools you got there. It is always good to have stuff like spare receiver with you etc so nothin wrong with that :D

Also that teflon (?) upper box containing all the lipos should be a good measure for safety in case a Lipo dies and explodes :D:D

themajik1

Monkey/Bear Poker
Mentor
That's why I bought the Fire box, just for the lipos... While I have not had anything happen yet, I know its not if its when right?

Seems as though I will continue to get more tools and collections of stuff, you hvae to be prepared and I hate going to the field and forgetting something I need, turn around and drive back home to get it.
:p