Top gear used a fpv multi rotor.

CrashRecovery

I'm a care bear...Really?
Mentor
I'm watching their part two of their Nile excursion episodes and they pulled out a 6 bladed chopper with a fpv setup. Really surprised me.

biggles

I saw that, I thought they where using one for some of the shots in the first programme then it made an appearance in the second one

Ak Flyer

Fly the wings off
Mentor
That's really cool. I see a DX8 in there. What other gear were they using? Looked like James was watching the onboard, were they flying FPV? looked like LOS for the pilot.

zev

lumpy member
looks like a dji s800 to me…

you can see it in higher quality here. saw that the other day, I was super happy to see my two obsessions, multicopters and top gear (I have seen all 19 seasons… please don't calculate how much time that is :p) combined.

Ak Flyer

Fly the wings off
Mentor
Gotta love top gear. Did you ever see the RC stig?

RC stig.jpg

Ak Flyer

Fly the wings off
Mentor
Doesn't David seem sort of like a tame racing driver? I bet he has a white driving suit at home.

CrashRecovery

Mentor
looks like a dji s800 to me…

you can see it in higher quality here. saw that the other day, I was super happy to see my two obsessions, multicopters and top gear (I have seen all 19 seasons… please don't calculate how much time that is :p) combined.

Not only have I seen all episodes I have it set to record on the DVR and its on Netflix. Too many hours spent on them........ But it's so much fun

zev

lumpy member
well, there have been 154 episodes (not counting polar special or car Olympics or top gear ground force)… they are all about an hour long… THATS LIKE HALF MY LIFE! (or 6.4 days)

not to mention I have seen most of TG USA and australia… and a few episodes of TG korea.

Last edited:

Ak Flyer

Fly the wings off
Mentor
The original is still by far the best. Tanner Foust is no Jeremy Clark, though he could probably drive circles around him.

zev

lumpy member
thats very true. sad thing is, the australians are even worse then the americans. the korean version seems to be the most informative one of the bunch, and possibly the best (other then uk, obviously)

Trinom

Crazy electrician
I didn't see korean TG, but I like american TG more, than british TG. They use different humour and act more naturally to me. Tanner is racing driver and has great experience with many cars. Rutledge is american Cpt. Slow and I like him the most of those three guys. Adam is crazy wrecker and he loves american classic cars. He acts weird, but his insane ideas are obviously very funny.

Trinom

Crazy electrician
I don't think so. It seems to be quite free concept, because they don't even have the same parts of the show (they don't have a guest, or news for example). Also they don't have so many tests of new cars. They focus on having fun and making crazy things.

zev

lumpy member
what? they have a "big star, small car" segment. sounds like "star in a reasonably priced car" to me. anyway, TG UK is the original and the others are licensing deals the bbc has set up with the history channel and such.

CrashRecovery

Mentor
Every episode is in some way a copy.... Exact copy. How about build a motor home. Richard built an expanding rv, a house on the top of a car so forth and so forth. They have guests, they have automotive news they do it all