tough tilt servo

heustec

Hi all,

So I can't seem to source a Emax ES3154 servo in the UK, the servos which I had and planned to use with the tough tilt CS238MG do not quite fit into the tought tilt (TT) hole and I don't really want to drill it out.

Please can anyone recommend other servos which they know work well with the TT?

Kindest,
Alex

makattack

Winter is coming
Mentor
I don't think that micro, digital, nylon geared servo will work well with the tough tilt, but I could be wrong. The EMAX servo that FT recommends is roughly double the size of a micro/9g servo:

https://store.flitetest.com/tough-tilt-servo-es3154-emax/

It's also metal geared, which is probably recommended to lessen the chances for the servo to strip out. The trickiest part of installing the tough tilt and the servo is that you need to trim a servo horn down to fit, and then stick a long phillips/cross head screw driver through the entire assembly to secure that servo horn down to the servo. The servo itself needs to sit on the tough tilt assembly fully flat and flush, and still let the servo drive gear seat in that servo horn.

One could probably get different servo's to fit, but it may require some ingenuity.

PJaussie

Hmm might have to rethink and use another servo then. I didn't actually attach the servo to my tilt mechanism (the nosewheel steer fittings as designed by FT David), I just cable tied them in position. They have come adrift on the odd propeller hitting ground incident, but I think thats a good thing as nothing breaks. They always have stayed solid when flying, although I am still just practicing hovering at the moment.

ewoodall2000

I'm using a Tower Pro MG90S (9 gram analog servo) on my tough tilt equipped tricopter and it works great.
This is on a Mini Tricopter from Simplecopter.
Much more durable than the yaw block that it came with.

jipp

I'm using a Tower Pro MG90S (9 gram analog servo) on my tough tilt equipped tricopter and it works great.
This is on a Mini Tricopter from Simplecopter.
Much more durable than the yaw block that it came with.

did you have to cut a new boom or do FT and Simplecopter use the same size booms. no big deal to rip a few pieces of wood on my table saw if needed. im considering this for a mini tri.. for my second build.. and there are not a lot of options for mini tri coptors.

chris.