Tower Pro 2410-9 rewind.

Foam Addict

Squirrel member
I found an old TP motor in my basement, and after remembering its lackluster performance on my first plane (2009ish)
I decided to rewind it.

image.jpg

9/10 turns of 24 g wire, every other tooth wound with one extra turn.
Delta termination.
No load current 1.06 amps at 8.35 volts.
KV is around 1100. EDIT: Oops, actually around 2300, I went the wrong way in the Y to Delta conversion.

I'm planning on using it in my harbor freight P-51 if the 9x6 prop doesn't boost the performance enough on launch.(I've been flying in temps no higher than 20 so the density altitude is pretty low.)

Last edited:

Foam Addict

Squirrel member
Oops! After drawing 38 amps at 8.5 volts out of a 3 cell lipo, I realized I had divided the KV by .58 instead of 1.73. So instead of a 1100 KV motor, I have a 2300KV motor. My FT-14 will love this!

Foam Addict

Squirrel member
15c 1000Mah lipo at full charge. I was drawing two and a half times the max current.:p
Anyway, I rewound it again with 12t and now it only draws 15 amps on a 3 cell. It takes my mustang vertical very nicely!

BTW, The FT-14 is on hold for now because the high temp was -2 at my house, and by the time I got done with school it was around -4 in my garage.

Last edited:

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
Please tell me you had a typo and meant a 2 cell... otherwise that pack is toast! Or are you being possessed by the battery killing presence of Mr. Bixler...?

Foam Addict

Squirrel member
The pack is fine, that was a 2 second run. No typo, 3 cell.

Hey! Josh and Josh taught me almost everything about planes! (Ok, I find David's projects a little more my level now)

I wish that everybody would send me old motors to work on, I love rewinding as much as flying.:rolleyes:

EST: The Broncos did put on a bad game, but I was flying my new Mustang!

Foam Addict

Squirrel member
Oh BTW, the motor is not getting great cooling due to a 2.5" spinner, but even inside after 1 minute with an 8x6 prop at 125 watts it stays around ambient temperature. The original wind would have been cooking! I think that a 9x7 or 8x8 prop may be in order.

Jaxx

Posted a thousand or more times
Foam Addict,

Where did you learn to rewind these motor? Does this type of stuff fall in your line of work?

Foam Addict

Squirrel member
:p Trial and error, I love learning new things, and I love teaching them to other people. Rcgroups, I can post the links if you would like.
None of the tutorials I have seen are that great, it took me 10 tries to get a functional motor and I still only know LRK, ABC and DLRK winding right now.
I wish, I'm a VERY busy student right now, but I love planes, as well as rebuilding broken things. Actually, its mostly because I've gotten so busy with school that I had to quit my odd jobs for neighbors, so I learned how to rewind motors because I'm Cheap!

Foam Addict

Squirrel member
Very good! Please start a thread and post your progress!

I started with the AX 2306 from Hobbyking because it could be wound ABCx3. It worked well with 9 turns 26g wire, but then I rewound it with 13-14t 24 g wire. That motor was incredibly powerful and around very efficient, but it destroyed itself in mid flight due to excessive torque on the supplied mount.