Track Hobby King Inventory

anzel360

Hi,

I am new to the forum. I have been watching the show of a while now. Even bought a bixler (a crashed the [you know] out of it).

Anyway, as I am kinda new the the hobby I recently discovered Hobby King and their (not)awesome backorders. After waiting for products (like the Bixler and 9x) and getting non-helpful answer from customer support, I decided to build Hobby King Watch.

Basically I am trying to track the inventory levels of all their products. This way when something is in stock you know if you need to snag it fast. Or eventually when I have enough data, when something is out of stock, when it might be back.

For example the 9x in the US warehouse:

Hobby King Watch: Turigy 9x US warehouse

Looks like its been in stock twice this month, both times selling out the same day.

I posted this over at Reddit and got some great feedback. Figured I would post here as well. Hit me up with suggestions or bugs if you find them (which I am sure there are a few). I am not a designer or developer by trade to don't flame me to bad. :)

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Amazing site! You truly have some skills :)

I bookmarked the site so I can use it in the future. The data it provides is very interesting. Do you measure the data every day and store them in a database?

Thanks for this great tool, be sure to post it at RCGroups as well as you'll get many views there too!

Welcome to the forum!

fred0000

when I want to know when somthing comes back into stock I set it to email me (on the hobbyking website, imagine that!). your site doesn't seem to offer anything the hobbyking site already does.
Maybe you could let me know if I might be overlooking something that makes your site useful, thanks.

great looking site, but I can get the same info while i'm browsing on hobbyking.

welcome to the forums!

Last edited:

anzel360

when I want to know when somthing comes back into stock I set it to email me (on the hobbyking website, imagine that!). your site doesn't seem to offer anything the hobbyking site already does.
Maybe you could let me know if I might be overlooking something that makes your site useful, thanks.

You are correct. If you want notification as soon as a product becomes available you should wait for the HK email. My data is updated nightly. In the case of the 9x, if you were watching my website, the 9x would be sold out by the time you went to buy it.

The two questions I try and answer with the site are 1) how fast is the product selling and 2) when will it be back?

So the 9x again. Looking at hobbyking-watch.com you can see that the 9x does not stay in stock for more than 1 day. So if you want one you should place a back order.

One product that I want is the ZYX flybarless system. It was sold out. However now its back and not selling quicky. So I don't need to place an order for it right away. I could wait until my next larger order.

I hope over time I will collect enough data to predict when products will be restocked.

fred0000

very neat, i'll keep playing with it, would be cool if you find a way to predicted restocking dates.
sounds like a fun project you have on the go, I know i'd be in over my head, so props to you for that.

also thanks for the info.