Transmitter and receiver

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
I personally like Spektrum - rock solid support, easy to use, and nearly everyone at my field uses it, so if I need help setting something semi-complicated up, someone there usually knows how to configure it. Plus, I can swap out setups from a buddy's transmitter to another easily using an SD card, with no problems. Makes it easy to fly someone else's plane using my own transmitter...

But others will likely have their own recommendations.

FL_Engineer

Elite member
I went with the FS-i6X based on solid reviews and price since I wasn't sure if I'd stick with the hobby. I highly recommend based on what you get for the price. The three downsides I've come to notice is the gimbles aren't quite as smooth as spektrum, it's not good if you plan on buying BNF (bind and fly) models, it's more difficult to get it to work with simulators. Don't let that scare you away from it though, it is still the only one I have and worth the $50 to have access to 10 channels.

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
Flysky is a fine transmitter for the beginner, not the S, the lack of trims is a problem. The X is cheap, works well and the receivers don’t cost $25+ each.
You can also expand it to 10 channels later.
There’s a great thread here on different TX’s. My main bit of advice is not to rush into buying one.
https://forum.flitetest.com/index.php?threads/which-transmitter-you-should-buy.37966/

Agreed. Buy the one that best suits your needs. And if you can get your hands on it, DO IT. Ergonomics are essential to a transmitter, and it's a personal thing for many.

For example, Taranis has an X-Lite transmitter, which looks like a video game controller. One of the guys at the field has it for his kid, who absolutely loves it. His hands fit great around it. But in my hands, it didn't feel comfortable, and I couldn't get as precise a control on it as I could with my larger ix12. It felt like a toy, and I didn't like that feel. But, as I've mentioned, it is a personal thing, which is why I recommend trying to handle a transmitter first before you buy one, if you can. See what you like, and see if the switches feel comfortable to hit while you're thinking about flying.

danskis

Master member
I like the programming on both the Spektrum and the FlySky. For me, the major downside to the FlySky is you can't use the Eflite bind and fly planes other than that its a great transmitter. Oh yeah, one other thing. The FlySky receivers have long antennas which can be a PITA. OTH, with the Spektrum you can use both Lemon and Orange receivers. Lemon has a really nice SAFE receiver (combined receiver and flight stabilizer in one small package) for about $25?

FDS

Elite member
The Spektrum radios are three times the start price of the Flysky. Plus they limit the number of channels. DXE doesn’t count, no screen or changes on the fly makes it a non starter IMO.
Lemon receivers are really good, I have lots of those. I even use them with my multi protocol radio.

messyhead

I just started flying last year and have the fs-i6x. I also bought one for my son so I can buddy box when he's learning.

So far I've not had any problems with them, and not found any limitations.

I imagine once I start building more advanced models, I might need to upgrade. But for starting out, I think they're fine.

FL_Engineer

Elite member
There is NOT much of a Price difference with New series Fs-I6S and previous Fs-6X . Any suggestions ?
If you are choosing between those two, go with the FS-I6X as it is basically the same TX with updated firmware that gives you 10 channels out of the box. The I6S only has 6 channels without manually updating the firmware, which may or may not be easy depending on your ability.

FDS

Elite member
The receivers for those are not common, the choice will be limited. Use Flysky as advised, their protocol is much more common and there’s a couple of different receivers available, plus they are cheap.

Figure9

Elite member
Thanks dear.It was very Helpful...
Also if you know anything about Radiolink Transmitter products please give your suggestion.

I recently started this hobby in December. Some RC models are sold with basic transmitters & some of those are RTF (Ready To Fly) models that have transmitters compatible with Spektrum technology. That makes an upgrade easier when you’re ready to upgrade to a 6 channel with model select options. RTF models you already own might work with your upgraded transmitter. Often, the first upgrade for a Spektrum is a DXe transmitter, a mistake in my opinion. The DXe is barely more sophisticated than the simple transmitters that come with RTF models. I bought one RC model aircraft that was not compatible with Spektrum & eventually regretted that purchase, but with upgrades comes other cool gear, like receivers & ESCs (Electronic Speed Controls) that can fix incompatibility. I never intended to get very involved in this hobby. Hahaha. To late now, for me, this hobby is a good friend that’s a time bandit with access to my wallet.
I don’t regret upgrading to a Spektrum DX6e even though it’s not as sophisticated as many other transmitters. It works well for me because it has Blue Tooth buddy box technology. That really matters to me because it saved my models long enough for me to learn something from them. Ask hobby your stores & suppliers if a model you’re interested in is compatible with Spektrum technology, you might find that useful.
Welcome to the forum & good luck flying.

Sampath

I recently started this hobby in December. Some RC models are sold with basic transmitters & some of those are RTF (Ready To Fly) models that have transmitters compatible with Spektrum technology. That makes an upgrade easier when you’re ready to upgrade to a 6 channel with model select options. RTF models you already own might work with your upgraded transmitter. Often, the first upgrade for a Spektrum is a DXe transmitter, a mistake in my opinion. The DXe is barely more sophisticated than the simple transmitters that come with RTF models. I bought one RC model aircraft that was not compatible with Spektrum & eventually regretted that purchase, but with upgrades comes other cool gear, like receivers & ESCs (Electronic Speed Controls) that can fix incompatibility. I never intended to get very involved in this hobby. Hahaha. To late now, for me, this hobby is a good friend that’s a time bandit with access to my wallet.
I don’t regret upgrading to a Spektrum DX6e even though it’s not as sophisticated as many other transmitters. It works well for me because it has Blue Tooth buddy box technology. That really matters to me because it saved my models long enough for me to learn something from them. Ask hobby your stores & suppliers if a model you’re interested in is compatible with Spektrum technology, you might find that useful.
Welcome to the forum & good luck flying.
Thank you somuch.... will do.