Transmitter connect to PC via USB cable

Hemantha

I have FS-T6B transmitter. I tried to connect Tx to PC(Windows 7) using USB(FS-SM100) cable. When I connect the usb cable to pc, does not get it. I installed T6config, SI Labs Driver .

First, I installed SI Labs Driver . then I opened 'Device Manager'. Though 'Silicon Labs xxxxx' should be appeared under Ports(COM & LPT), didn't it.(According to Tx manual and SI LAb instructions, it should be appeared)
I tried to get it using 'Add legacy hardware' (Device Manager->Action->). Then it appeared with some error ( as Picture) and doesn't work. I don't know how to correct it. I tried many times, download 'T6config from various places' and used two PC. Same error was occurred at all times. Please, anyone can help me? pic1.jpg

Last edited:

rrc1962

Not sure if this pertains to your situation, but when I first installed Phoenix Flight Sim I couldn't get the Spektrum transmitter to connect. Turns out that you have to leave the transmitter switch in the off position and plug the USB adapter into the trainer plug. When you plug into the trainer port, the transmitter comes alive and connects properly to the PC.

Hemantha

Thanks for your reply. That is not my problem. The USB Cable should work to connect the transmitter. USB cable driver should work To connect the USB cable to PC. My problem is, though I installed the SI Labs Driver(FS-SM100 USB cable driver), it doesn't work.

FlyMike

I have the FS-CT6B, but on windows 10. it wasn't too bad to connect to the pc for use with t6config. I did have an issue with the driver initially. I had to run the installer as admin. It was failing to install completely otherwise. Don't know if that helps at all.

Hemantha

Thanks.
Now I think that my Tx has some problem. I tried using CP2102 USB to TTL UART Module and it was burned. I had known, 9v out from RX pin of Tx. CP2102 to Tx.jpg
Is my connecting correct? what is the wrong of Tx(9v out from RX pin)? Please help.

marioreyes

Generally speaking, the most common reason why pc fails to recognize the transmitter when connected via USB cable is a faulty USB port. In case this isn't the reason why the transmitter isn't recognized by the pc, then most likely the USB device's driver is missing, outdated, or corrupted. To resolve such an issue, you can uninstall or reinstall the drivers via Windows Device Manager, so the only thing that's left is to find the right drivers. To do that, you need to look for more information online. It worked in my case. I was looking for a pc optimization software, but I didn't have a clue about what software would be best for my pc. So I went online and I found at https://thinkmobiles.com/blog/best-pc-optimization-software/ a critical review of 12 pc optimization software, full of information and details. Those pieces of information helped me make the best possible decision. Maybe you should try this kind of approach, too? Good luck!

Last edited: